Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

its gunna be jones/smalling and evans cause ya wont be able to attract any of the top players without champions league football..... :pac:

also dont forget evra should be gone to and rafael is great going forward but cant defend to save his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

swoody wrote: »
    its gunna be jones/smalling and evans cause ya wont be able to attract any of the top players without champions league football..... :pac:

also dont forget evra should be gone to and rafael is great going forward but cant defend to save his life.

Like all Brazilian full backs, but united can still attract good players without champs league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I did make that point when I signed Smalling, not as exciting going forward (can't cross to save his life) but is better defensively than Raf, which is why if Moyes (knowing he is defensive minded, i.e. a tad boring) he will more than likley sneak Smalling into a starting RB slot should things keep going south

I don't see us having the money to replace THE ENTIRE defence come the summer so 1 CB and a LB would be in & Smalling battling for CB and or RB slot, either way, he will keep his 89 which is fine for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

I did make that point when I signed Smalling, not as exciting going forward (can't cross to save his life) but is better defensively than Raf, which is why if Moyes (knowing he is defensive minded, i.e. a tad boring) he will more than likley sneak Smalling into a starting RB slot should things keep going south

;)

Baines and Coleman??? Wouldn't say he wants to go with a defensive mindset for the full back positions just depends who he can bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I've started my title surge

Beware

• Advertisement

Baines and Coleman??? Wouldn't say he wants to go with a defensive mindset for the full back positions just depends who he can bring in.

Both attacking fullbacks, I agree. But his Everton team was always based on hard work, they were solid at the back (which took him quite a long time to achieve too I might add) and the Everton flaws that were within the team when he took over are remarkably similar to the Utd ones currently....

Both are big teams but seem to have lost their way but he turned it around at Everton and I think given 3-4 seasons he would do the same at OT.. I think he's working on the same principals, i.e. to make Utd tougher and harder to beat, lets be honest, they are not exactly water tight at the min....... Then he will move on to implementing his style.... But for me he is similar to Jose in the way he asks his players to put in a defensive shift and if not they will be out of the team...

May not seem like that at the min at Utd, but lets be honest its still Fergie's team, the summer will tell a lot. I wouldn't say he's an attack minded manger though

EDIT: I think Fellaini is a good example, for his first signing he spotted we were desperately short of a bet of steel in the middle, a ball winner, someone to break up the play.... Mata on the other hand I think was just damn good timing! That was too good to turn down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Some people have told me that fergie didn't want somebody directly behind him to succeed so that his legend would look even brighter, I know initially he didn't do to well either, but I do get that fergie would be the kind of person to make sure that people know what they had before it went.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Some people have told me that fergie didn't want somebody directly behind him to succeed so that his legend would look even brighter, I know initially he didn't do to well either, but I do get that fergie would be the kind of person to make sure that people know what they had before it went.

I'd like to think that is not true, but then again I would just consider how Keane described him in one word........

ruthless ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Al Capwned steered Barcelona to victory against São Paulo FC.
    Barcelona outclassed São Paulo FC and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Messi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Onazi was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Onazi again..
    Granted, he sounds like an irish war criminal, but by **** is he playing well for me!

anyone else watch the dortmund game and see kehl's lob goal.....?

• Advertisement

Yeah seen it, great spot in fairness, not as good as Ibra's flick agian tonight..... My god he's on another level :eek:

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Al Capwned steered Barcelona to victory against São Paulo FC.
    Barcelona outclassed São Paulo FC and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Messi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Onazi was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Onazi again..
    Granted, he sounds like an irish war criminal, but by **** is he playing well for me!

Your Welcome ;)

Yeah seen it, great spot in fairness, not as good as Ibra's flick agian tonight..... My god he's on another level :eek:

ligue 1 is a pretty poor standard tho and he did the same flick against the same team as well, basically bastia are shíte. Asamoahs goal this morning was nice, i'd rank it better then lavezzi/ ibra assist.

the bids are in on.......

mosquito-dengue-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

That goal deserves a +1 in rating.
    Who's he play for in SM... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    That goal deserves a +1 in rating.
    Who's he play for in SM... ?

I had him and literally couldn't give him away

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Palmero has him. Sold him on for Nacho and Ademilson a few weeks back.

ligue 1 is a pretty poor standard tho and he did the same flick against the same team as well, basically bastia are shíte. Asamoahs goal this morning was nice, i'd rank it better then lavezzi/ ibra assist.

True, but didn't he get a great goal against Ingurland too? And they have a 91 rated striker to they HAVE to be good!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

89 GK Number 1 choice at porto available.

http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=3298

89 DMC/CM Available for cash.

http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=8428

Had to post them,Its a great chance for some one to get 89s for cash. Id say hed take cash or a similar rated player for the GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

Absolutely hammered by Chelsea last night! Dont know whats worse, the defeat or the fact Strootman has done his knee and is out for the WC :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sooo, visitors gone ...

back to SM life!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Sooo, visitors gone ...

back to SM life!

Coming craaawwwwwling back to us eh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Sooo, visitors gone ...

back to SM life!

Are you A madrid in the Copa league?

Coming craaawwwwwling back to us eh ;)
    Had to mate, ... I've 3-4 transfers coming up once TBs expire :cool:
    Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Are you A madrid in the Copa league?

Yup

Yup

Sounds familiar :D:D

Yup

Ah..Loved the way you rejected my bid for Diego Costa because you reckoned.....

"He was a hot prospect for the future"

Now that's how to reject a bid...:D:D:D

was a though one to turn down to be fair ...

I reckon this costa fella might be a player of the future :D

was a though one to turn down to be fair ...

I reckon this costa fella might be a player of the future :D

Same offer is there for Koke but i reckon ya won't even respond to that offer!!:D:D

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Same offer is there for Koke but i reckon ya won't even respond to that offer!!:D:D

we should probably have this conversation on the Copa thread .... quite enough there as is it without taking conversations away from it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Recent league form is P4 W0 D2 L2 F0 A2. How dour is that? Think I need to tighten up at the back!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement