Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    good call!

woould love to understand the chairman values a little better in SM ...

to me it looks like arsenals offer was worth 13+ million where my chairman set the top value on the lad @ 9.5m ... I'd gladly have added another player to my offer ...

and then there's the over valueing of my own players by my chairman, he values most @ at least 1.5x their value, real akward whrn trying to offer a p/x

but, have to say ... good get Arsenal!

Happy enough with this deal. Was sickened when he was sold to Nijmegen for only 3.2m.

My top bid was 10.1m or so. So the Nijmegen chairman valued my p/ex players way higher than my chairman did. I think its based on other players available in the positions or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Happy enough with this deal. Was sickened when he was sold to Nijmegen for only 3.2m.

My top bid was 10.1m or so. So the Nijmegen chairman valued my p/ex players way higher than my chairman did. I think its based on other players available in the positions or something like that.

Was done on purpose as I needed the cash at the time, had bids from other teams but I had hoped to get him back by selling to an external :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

TheGunns wrote: »
    Was done on purpose as I needed the cash at the time, had bids from other teams but I had hoped to get him back by selling to an external :o

Your so close to what you actually should have done it hurts!!!!!!

Not that I've ever done it but, you could have asked a club to buy him and you buy him back when the ban is up for say an extra million or two... That way your guaranteed the player back!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Your so close to what you actually should have done it hurts!!!!!!

Not that I've ever done it but, you could have asked a club to buy him and you buy him back when the ban is up for say an extra million or two... That way your guaranteed the player back!!!!!

I'd like to think that people don't do stuff like this.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'd like to think that people don't do stuff like this.

Like I said, I've not done this but in a case such as this it would have been a viable option in order to keep the player.....

Again, I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the suggestion just that it is there is all.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Jaysus, people give out about cash being useless and there's just 1 bid of 9m in for an 89 AM,F. I'll accept the highest bid tomorrow, hopefully get a little more interest in him!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Jaysus, people give out about cash being useless and there's just 1 bid of 9m in for an 89 AM,F. I'll accept the highest bid tomorrow, hopefully get a little more interest in him!

I'm starting to dislike this logic if I'm being honest.

1. I say that, but I already have a slew of attackers. I don't need another one. People can say money doesn't buy much and still not be trying to buy every player who becomes available.

2. Benfica's bid was public the other day. It was nearly 3 times the players value, above my max bid, and above what I'd imagine a lot of people would have in their banks. So a lot of people probably think that they can't beat Benfica's offer. Now it's lowered, but it's undisclosed. Now you've let it be known it's only 9m, others might bid again.

Cash isn't useless when people make it clear players are available for cash and others choose not to avail of that offer. Cash can be seen as "useless" when someone has a tonne of cash and can't buy an upgrade to their team.

Thanks for the loan Kyiv!

I get a first choice keeper to help out my young keeper and it gives you a 'shop window'

Cheers!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

If I had the cash I would,

Cash is certainly useless when you don't have it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

21.8m top bid now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Mignolet's Transfer ban is up i want an old or young similar rated GK and a another 90/89 out field player or an old 91+ rated GK.

Tough terms i know but migs potential is limitless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Matthew Scorr was unable to prevent a US Palermo defeat to Hannover 96.
    US Palermo slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat against Hannover 96 in their Division 3 fixture.

Playing at home to a weaker team and get destroyed 4-0
    Oh and to add insult to injury.. Ramsey fractured his Knee and is out for 3 weeks.

I hate this game..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Damien O Grady steered Newcastle United to victory against Arsenal.
    Newcastle United outclassed Arsenal and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Willian had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Neymar and Thiago were amongst the goalscorers.

Could do with a few more of these

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hammered 3-1 by Flamengo,

The promising start has been halted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Loving my team right now. 11-0 in the last two games against two decent sides whilst I've almost half my first XI out injured.

Promotion charge at Donetsk!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

So, gave the talent pool a run out tonight...

Sir Bobby Robson steered FC Porto to victory against Juventus.
    FC Porto beat Juventus 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Adrián had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Van Der Hoorn and Gaitán were amongst the goalscorers.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

1-0 win against Fiorentina with a goal from Sandro, just 9 points off the top after a bad start

SS Lazio beat Sporting CP 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Gabbiadini scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    El Shaarawy was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Woo hoo!!! I won, I mean I lost... I mean I won, eh..... confused again......

Another 2 goals for Gabbiadini!!!!!!! More Importantly though, 3 clean sheets in a row..........

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dave Shadow steered Tottenham Hotspur to victory against Manchester City.
    Tottenham Hotspur outclassed Manchester City and thrashed them 6 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Muniain scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Hernández and Ramires were also amongst the goalscorers.

Up into second :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Inter Milan lose yet again......... Think its time to do a tupac and get rid of anyone over the age of 30. All offers will be considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Looking like relegation is imminent, don't know whether the game is still screwed or boring football wins games.

James Mcconville was unable to prevent a Hamburger SV defeat to Olympiacos.
    Hamburger SV slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Olympiacos in their Division 2 fixture.
    Eremenko was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Two men sent off but still managed a draw and kept a clean sheet! At least we're not going down without a fight!

My chairman must be Mike Ashley in disguise - totally clueless! Totally overvaluing my older players in p/e!!

Inter Milan lose yet again......... Think its time to do a tupac and get rid of anyone over the age of 30. All offers will be considered.

Fierce age-ism at Lazio mate ;) Sure even poor oul Marchiso fell foul and he was only 28!!!!!

I'm bringing in a 27 year old and I'm getting chills up my spine over it :D

Fierce age-ism at Lazio mate ;) Sure even poor oul Marchiso fell foul and he was only 28!!!!!

I'm bringing in a 27 year old and I'm getting chills up my spine over it :D
    91 rated Javier zanetti said said to me it wud be his dream to finish his career at Lazio? Are you gonna ruin his dreams because he a little bit on the wrong side of 30????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

91 rated Javier zanetti said said to me it wud be his dream to finish his career at Lazio? Are you gonna ruin his dreams because he a little bit on the wrong side of 30????

That's funny, because from what I heard he wants to play in South America before he retires. More specifically, Argentina.

Yes....

Why yes I am going to to that :D

Wilberto wrote: »
    That's funny, because from what I heard he wants to play in South America before he retires. More specifically, Argentina.

zanetti must be a Robbie keane fan as hes now told me it would be a dream to finish his career in argentina!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

It pays not to cancel bids when you arent the top bid on a player ...

The undisclosed deal involving Javi ESPINOSA of Racing Club and SSC Napoli has collapsed as SSC Napoli do not have the available funds.
    Javi ESPINOSA has completed his move to FC Porto from Racing Club for 10,000 plus Henrik BJORDAL and Zymer BYTYQI . All other offers were turned down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Somehow managed a 0-0 draw last night despite 10 shots on target and getting a penalty.

Dzeko for the chop!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement