Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Beaten by Bayern Munich for Felix Kroos, finding it very hard to compete for any players :(

your the only one bidding for him....... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

swoody wrote: »
    your the only one bidding for him....... :confused:

Bayern had me beat this morning man and I had been chatting with the new Espanyol manager giving him tips on the player rating system and casually said I'd have beaten it so he cancelled the Bayern bid to let me beat it.

However I've been looking and the fella doesn't seem to know the way this GW is and is selling and bidding near cost so I'm going to leave it and have opted to advise him on what he should ask for his players and pay for new ones as it doesn't feel right as he's obviously very new to the game man.

Bayern had me beat this morning man and I had been chatting with the new Espanyol manager giving him tips on the player rating system and casually said I'd have beaten it so he cancelled the Bayern bid to let me beat it.

However I've been looking and the fella doesn't seem to know the way this GW is and is selling and bidding near cost so I'm going to leave it and have opted to advise him on what he should ask for his players and pay for new ones as it doesn't feel right as he's obviously very new to the game man.

nothing wrong with that. if anything people asking for 3 times the players value need a kick up the arse. :rolleyes:

swoody wrote: »
    nothing wrong with that. if anything people asking for 3 times the players value need a kick up the arse. :rolleyes:

Oh I agree with you totally however it's nice for us to say it but not if he ends up selling a bunch of his lads near cost and then has a hard time trying to replace them ya know.

Just feel the least I can do is explain the way a lot do business here and then he can work away whatever way he thinks is best that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Childish tbh,

Espanyol has just joined, ...

rather than Liverpool countering with ridiculous bids it might be more constructive for liverpool to drop Espanyol a quick PM and point out that players in this GW are selling for huge money and face value bids arent going to buy you anyone decent ...

The only manager in this league i won't do business with!!!...I long for the day he bids for one of my players and i reply with a moronic counter offer.......

...Unless it's a good deal in which case i will jump from my high horse and accept!!!...:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    The only manager in this league i won't do business with!!!...I long for the day he bids for one of my players and i reply with a moronic counter offer.......

...Unless it's a good deal in which case i will jump from my high horse and accept!!!...:pac::pac::pac:

lets test this theory.....

i dare ya to bid on sterling. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I see I'm the cause of a lot of talk on this forum......

Yes I'm new to this, love football manager, fifa and just soccer in general.

Apologies for any offensive bids to any players in this. Obviously all the best players have been snapped up and probably aren't even being used and even the best players from external clubs are gone so i dunno what to do really :confused:

That sterling counter offer was quite nuts alright :P

Anyway, feel free to offer for any of my players and I'll try give a good deal.

P.S. Kroos is still available ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Colemania wrote: »

Apologies for any offensive bids to any players in this. Obviously all the best players have been snapped up and probably aren't even being used and even the best players from external clubs are gone so i dunno what to do really :confused:

Happy to have you here.
    And remember this.. The only certainty in SM is that Tupac will try and offer you youth players that you don't want :pac:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Happy to have you here.
    And remember this.. The only certainty in SM is that Tupac will try and offer you youth players that you don't want :pac:

and PSG will up the minimum value if you manage to bid on one of his players. :o

From a while back...
    The offer for Hans VANAKEN of KSC Lokeren from Werder Bremen has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Surprised no one else was watching this one. A decent young Belgian at 21 rated 82 steadily rising up as he's a starter for Lokeren, who are 5th in the Belgian Pro League.

This fella got a +2 today, he's steadily rising away, happy enough :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Anybody heard anything or had any bids accepted/rejected by the Sporting manager?

Just have a bid in for a good few days now, just want to know if there is any hope of getting an answer, or to try elsewhere!

In other news, I have signed Jon Flanagan on loan from Liverpool (thank you).

Having previously signed Dodó on loan from Lazio, the pair will play left and right back in the 1/4 final of the League Cup against Hamburg next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

if u want u can have evra at cost value

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

soap1978 wrote: »

Lol!

Lol!
    you bid on him a few weeks ago lol

Anybody heard anything or had any bids accepted/rejected by the Sporting manager?

Just have a bid in for a good few days now, just want to know if there is any hope of getting an answer, or to try elsewhere!

In other news, I have signed Jon Flanagan on loan from Liverpool (thank you).

Having previously signed Dodó on loan from Lazio, the pair will play left and right back in the 1/4 final of the League Cup against Hamburg next week.

Yeah I had a bid turned down maybe a week ago I think. Give him some time he'll respond.

you bid on him a few weeks ago lol

Evra?! Nope mate you have me confused with some one else...

The man is useless!

The man is useless!
    no i dont lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The man is useless!

It's a 92 for 11m! Even if he dropped 2 he'd be worth it!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    It's a 92 for 11m! Even if he dropped 2 he'd be worth it!

Just cant stand the sight of the man!

no i dont lol

You had me doubting myself so much that i had to shortlist him to prove he wasnt on my shortlist already(i dont remove players from my shortlist, a bid would have put him on my shortlist)

I feel dirty now :D

• Advertisement

You had me doubting myself so much that i had to shortlist him to prove he wasnt on my shortlist already(i dont remove players from my shortlist, a bid would have put him on my shortlist)

I feel dirty now :D
    lol unless you took him of your shortlist in angry when i wouldnt sell him to you:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Massive Liverpool and Suarez fan here......

I think you know my answer :)

lol unless you took him of your shortlist in angry when i wouldnt sell him to you:confused:

So eh.. I've made a bid :p

Massive Liverpool and Suarez fan here......

I think you know my answer :)

You're missing a huge opportunity here. I sold an 89 last week for 22m and you're being offered a 92 for 11m. If Suarez and Evra can get over it, I'm sure you could.

This place is madness at times

offer gone

You're missing a huge opportunity here. I sold an 89 last week for 22m and you're being offered a 92 for 11m. If Suarez and Evra can get over it, I'm sure you could.

You can't bate a mans principles :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

The 22m was simply because I'm after Dutch players and everyone is playing hardball over them ;) De Jong won't even make my first 11

TheGunns wrote: »
    De Jong won't even make my first 11

Ah Jaysus he'd have been my main striker :(

TheGunns wrote: »
    The 22m was simply because I'm after Dutch players and everyone is playing hardball over them ;) De Jong won't even make my first 11

There were 3 bids over 20m. Whatever way you look at it, 11m for a 92 is a bargain no matter who it is and I'd take the managers arm n all if I was offered that now.

Espanyols top player is 88... He can hardly afford to be choosy! Anyway, it's his decision and the offer is now gone so I'll drop it :)

• Advertisement

offer gone

?
    Like you're not selling him now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement