Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese garden rotovators. Any good?

• 04-02-2014 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭

There is a fella down in Wexford selling them for 545 quid.

http://www.donedeal.ie/gardenequipment-for-sale/garden-rotavator/6124790

I am wondering if these yokes are any good? I know that the 6.5 Honda clone engines are ok as long as they are looked after, they would be fairly cheap to replace if worst came to worst. I would be more worried about soft transmissions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

It wouldnt be as good as the 13hp Barreto that i used a few times from hire centres but that said it is geared and self drive rear tine model which is better than those ones you push yourself...waste of time...i found the honda 13hp brilliant on fuel and the barreto went through anything i put in its path.seems a good price compared to the barreto model which i think can be upwards of 2k..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭My Potatoes

I bought a Texas rotovator with Briggs & Stratton engine.
    When I went to a local mechanic to buy engine oil he anecdotally told me that a lot of people buy Chinese models now because they initial price is less. However, parts are not available so if they break or need maintenance, well, you're goosed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

bazbrady wrote: »
    It wouldnt be as good as the 13hp Barreto that i used a few times from hire centres but that said it is geared and self drive rear tine model which is better than those ones you push yourself...waste of time...i found the honda 13hp brilliant on fuel and the barreto went through anything i put in its path.seems a good price compared to the barreto model which i think can be upwards of 2k..
    Try upward of 5k.
    Brilliant machines though.

Advertisement