Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Work in Dubai... a little help!

Options
  • 04-02-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I am a solicitor with five years PQE in commercial and professional indemnity litigation. I currently work in-house for a multinational insurance company. I am based in Dublin but I'm also qualified in England and Wales.

I was wondering if anyone could advise on any of the following;

1. What opportunities may exist for someone of my experience and where?;
    2. What are the best employment agencies to register with to get started on finding a role?;
    3. Is it necessary to travel to the UAE for interviews per hour they conducted in London or another city in Europe?
    4. Is there anything else I should be doing in order to advance things?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭FURET

Paul,

I am unfamiliar with your profession, so I can't answer all your questions. But in terms of interviews, these are normally conducted via skype or video conference from wherever you currently reside. It would be very unusual to have to travel to Dubai for an interview. That said, if you do have to go for an interview, the interviewer would of course fly you there and provide hotel accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Feel like I am following Furet around boards today. Sorry!

Try these guys www.thefootprintgroup.com i know a few solicitors here, some were hired from home and their other halves got jobs when they moved over. Check out law firms in DIFC (Dubai International Financial Centre) and contact them directly. If they want you to travel for an interview they will pay. Things move very slowly but if you give it time you'll probably get something decent. Alternatively coming out for a reki is def worth it, you could meet recruiters and see if you like the place before going headlong into the search, worst case get a nice holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PaulF1977

Furet, Wuffly, thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Try Ince & Co i think they might be looking for someone

Advertisement