Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I broke my...

Options
  • 04-02-2014 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

New Protank 2 mini!

Stupidly forgot to disconnect it from the battery before i left work, threw it in my pocket and drove home. Got home and went to use it and the top of the tank came off in my hand along with half of the liquid that was in it :o

i fully disassembled it and realized that the top of the centre tub at the threads had snapped, this seems to be a small issue with them, but more so stupidity.

AuOYUD9.jpg?1

I have messaged thebestshop to see if they have a spare part for it, but going to do some searching to see if i can get it elsewhere if they don't have it.

Lesson learned and let this be a lesson to everyone else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

And thats why I moved onto all-metal drippers, I ended up sitting on/dropping/shoving off the desk every tank I owned within days ;)

Now If I could only stop breaking and losing drip tips during these falls ! The metal ones get way too toasty for my lovely lips :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Ceramic are fantastic, nice temp, flavour etc......but one drop onto the floor and its broke.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Recently dropped a Kanger Aero & broke the tank when I was packaging it to send off to someone.

Unfortunately it happens, sucks when it does though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Thebestshop replied this morning saying that they only have spare glass, can't find a replacement top cap anywhere other than the US, might have to buy a new one... :(

^ nice specs on the PC allen175 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I've only broken one plastic tank on a Kayfun, and it taught me to be a little bit more careful.

Now using a Squape mostly and its pretty indestructable as the tank is enclosed in stainless steel.

(famous last words..I'll probably destroy it tomorrow!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Recently dropped a Kanger Aero & broke the tank when I was packaging it to send off to someone.

Unfortunately it happens, sucks when it does though :mad:

Any experience with the aero? Thinking of ordering 1 as I'm impressed with the protank.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Today I broke everything...

Well, I didn't actually brake everything, everything just stopped working. I'm sitting here with two brand new Mini Nova's and I want to dance on the fecken things. :(

Tonight I'm wonder if its worth all the effort...

corsav6 wrote: »
    Any experience with the aero? Thinking of ordering 1 as I'm impressed with the protank.
    Unfortunately no, I received my Aspire Nautilus & stashed it in my goodies box to try later.

I was so happy with the Nautilus I decided to pass it on as it was surplus to requirements.

This may be of some help to you...

Advertisement