Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infracted for being uncivil?

Options
  • 04-02-2014 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I wish to dispute an infraction laid upon me. Specifically the reasoning being I was seen to be one or all of the below:

"You have been infracted for being uncivil.
    Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here."

I disagree with the infraction under the terms cited. I can see how someone may find a vulgarity to it, although I did use *** to censor the word, should someone feel offended. Please note, this was by choice in an Edit once I saw it wasn't being '***' automatically. This was because I didn't want to be too crude. My choice.
    I used an accepted word, (not automatically blocked) although you may question the context, but I was certainly not being needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum. As for causing stress for the other members? Who can say? I thought it was funny and did not state is as a matter of fact but a thought. It's a play on a pretty common phrase, "Who's *** are you etc.?" when someone has a handy number or got very lucky, not through hard work.
    I appreciate Mods are volunteers, but I think this was an over the top Knee jerk reaction. I actually got a 'Thanks' pre Mod edit.

At risk of any further Mod shenanigans, I won't post the actual un-edited Post, but will upon request.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88831346&postcount=555

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Have you discussed this with the Mod who issued the infraction? If not, that is the first step. I'll have a snoop around while you get back to me on the above.

EDIT: Sorry for the delay.

Yes, I was told it stands. I'll forward you the mail.
    Thanks for the response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Fair points in there. From my view it was the 'Needlessly Aggressive' and 'Confrontational' elements which I didn't like.
    I can't help my tone :)
    I'll leave it there. Thanks for your time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement