Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanwag sizing.

Options
  • 04-02-2014 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what sort of sizing Hanwags are. I found some Tatra GTX at a good price online. I know (and have advised others) that you try on boots before buying but I could save €75 on them so I'll risk it and send them back if needs be. Any experiences with them welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have two pairs of Hanwag boots, my every day leather boots the Lima GTX, and a lighter pair, the Banks GTX for lighter, summer use. My wife has the same combo. In both cases we just bought the Banks's online in the same size as we have for the Lima's and they fitted like a glove, so all I can really say is that if you have one pair of Hanwag boots that fit well then another style in the same size will almost certainly fit perfectly too.

The only other things I can say is that they're not a narrow boot, and may even be considered to be ever so slightly on the wide side if anything, and in my case anyway I have the same size boot as my normal shoe size. The Tatras are also available in a wide and narrow fitting if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Alun wrote: »
    I have two pairs of Hanwag boots, my every day leather boots the Lima GTX, and a lighter pair, the Banks GTX for lighter, summer use. My wife has the same combo. In both cases we just bought the Banks's online in the same size as we have for the Lima's and they fitted like a glove, so all I can really say is that if you have one pair of Hanwag boots that fit well then another style in the same size will almost certainly fit perfectly too.

The only other things I can say is that they're not a narrow boot, and may even be considered to be ever so slightly on the wide side if anything, and in my case anyway I have the same size boot as my normal shoe size. The Tatras are also available in a wide and narrow fitting if that helps.

Thanks. I think I'll go with my shoe size. If they have a little extra space in them I don't want to get them too big. If the worst comes to the worst, I can return them for a half size up.

Advertisement