Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 6 Results

Options
  • 05-02-2014 12:01am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Titans @ Steelers.

on the Steelers 2nd play.. they go 80 yards for the TD.. Titans move it the 2 and power over for a TD, Steelers fumble the KO and Titans recover and throw a redzone int.. and then i get booted after less than 3 mins of play time

Restart,
    i encroach twice on 3rd down to give the steelers much shorter fields which they convert, Titans force a punt at midfield

Mariani TD

Steelers false start penalty
    Then a ridiculous 70 yard pass.. Miller TD
    Titans punt after a big sack

Titans DBs and LBs are just getting nowhere near the WRs of the STeelers.. Steelers TD.

Titans go on a long clock eating drive and Johson goes over with 10 seconds left

HT and its 14-14, Titans to receive

Johnson then has the ball.. he runs into a crowd but some how gets through and breaks off a big run for the TD

Verner is getting burned big time deep left, depth chart edit!, Steelers short rushing TD

Titans get another Mariani TD

4th Q and the Steelers are just waltzing through my defense
    Titans make a stop on 3rd and goal at the 1.. i think the Steelers will kick a FG but they go for it..and hit Big Ben and force an incompletion... but im on my 1.. and get sacked for a safety

Steelers then on 3rd and 10.. Miller catches it on the 2... but McCourty hammers him and he drops it and goes off injured

Johnson is just getting smashed everytime he has the ball..
    2 min warning

Titans on 3rd and 9 at the 34.. and they get a 1st down!
    Im not too sure what happens, but im not paying attention.. i think im kneeling on the Steelers 11 yard line.. Johnson takes it, gets hammered and fumbles..and the Steelers are exceptionally close to going all the way with it..
    Instead that have 89 yards to go in 37 seconds.. with no TOs

Titans LBs are laying big hits on the WRs and forcing drops, 3rd down.. Derrick Morgan kills the game the game with a sack..

Phew the CPU is damn tough, happy to get out of Pittsburgh with a win

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Phew the CPU is damn tough, happy to get out of Pittsburgh with a win

Might have been mistaken as I was just quickly flicking through, but I swore I saw that three or four CPU teams (Bills, Dolphins, Steelers and someone else) were the top ranked offensive teams so far this season. Hell of a difference from last year.

I can't say I'm looking forward to taking on the CPU Jaguars this week. It would be just typical to go 5-0 vs humans and then lose to the CPU for me :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I have an off line franchise with the same settings, I'm 10 games in and the CPU has won 4 purely on turnovers. It is a battle to beat the CPU now in most cases

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

49ers 69 - 59 Eagles

Mental game with both teams over 600 yards in offense, interceptions turned it for the eagles.

Good game knex really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Carroller wrote: »
    49ers 69 - 59 Eagles

Mental game with both teams over 600 yards in offense, interceptions turned it for the eagles.

Reminds me of our game caroller, absolute shootout!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

In the battle of the QB's Cam and the Colts come out on top to beat Andy Luck and the Panthers 40-7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the Jaguars 30-10.

Aside from the first quarter when they fumbled just outside the red zone and then scored a TD on their first two drives, they didn't pose much of a threat. I threw two garbage time INT's with Bray while trying out a couple of new things but didn't have much trouble moving the ball overall.

The win came at a high cost though. Saints talisman and the leagues leading rusher by some distance, Darren Sproles, broke his collarbone and misses 6 weeks which includes a key divisional match up with the Buccaneers next gameweek along with the Colts, Panthers, Lions and Titans. I shouldn't have to change too much though as backup Michael Turner looks up to the task and went for 90 yards off 13 carries in Sproles' absence. He's very tough to bring down and the Saints strategy of carrying plenty of HB's will be put to the test over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Bucs beat the falcons 24 - 10,

Took an early 17 point lead in the first half and time managed the 2nd half.

Paully I've stocked up on lbs all with their sights on turners knees

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

49ers 69 - 59 Eagles

Yeah, good game mate. Thought you were going to run away with it by an even bigger score at one stage!

That fumble on my first drive after getting into your Redzone was a sickener, but overall I feel you definitely deserved the win.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Beat the CPU Bills.

Has anyone looked at their roster recently?
    It looks like Al Davis' wet dream!!
    So Much Speed!!!

Manuel @ QB
    Spiller, McFadden and Mendanhall @ HB
    Johnson, Hester, Ford, Graham, Woods and Goodwin @ WR
    And 3 or 4 CBs and safeties with 90+ speed!!

Too bad they're not human controlled!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

guns4all wrote: »
    Beat the CPU Bills.

Has anyone looked at their roster recently?
    It looks like Al Davis' wet dream!!
    So Much Speed!!!

Manuel @ QB
    Spiller, McFadden and Mendanhall @ HB
    Johnson, Hester, Ford, Graham, Woods and Goodwin @ WR
    And 3 or 4 CBs and safeties with 90+ speed!!

Too bad they're not human controlled!!

...Hester :( such betrayal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gary Ibbotson

Had to let the Broncos play my Lions Cpu as I had to visit family today and not around tomorrow at all.....Hope it wasnt too bad.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Good absolutely destroyed by Dave's Giants. We'll played Dave could get nothing going, well played

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Good absolutely destroyed by Dave's Giants. We'll played Dave could get nothing going, well played

:D

This pleases the 9ers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

:D

This pleases the 9ers

I'm planning on saving all my A game for later in the season dude... :-)

Advertisement