Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple Piercing and best place to have it done in Dublin?

• 05-02-2014 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys,
    Firstly what was your experiences with female nipple piercings?
    Pain relative to other piercings (ears,bellybutton etc.) and maybe experiences of healing?
    Also I'm new to Dublin and I'm wondering where the best place would be to get it done?
    And also is V2 in Carlow good for piercings, or would you recommend more one of the places in Dublin?
    Thanks a million guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Grayfoxy

Hi guys,
    Firstly what was your experiences with female nipple piercings?
    Pain relative to other piercings (ears,bellybutton etc.) and maybe experiences of healing?
    Also I'm new to Dublin and I'm wondering where the best place would be to get it done?
    And also is V2 in Carlow good for piercings, or would you recommend more one of the places in Dublin?
    Thanks a million guys

Hey Where,

I am a man, so am not speaking from personal experience, but rather from the experience of my friends and various forums.

The nipples do hurt a bit, but is not that bad, see, the thing is, it depends on the individual, different people have different pain thresholds.

With regards to healing, you should invest in a pushup bra so your nipples move less, so don't rub off the inside of your bra as much (or if you can get away with it, don't wear a bra and have a loose t-shirt) Make sure you clean it twice a day with salt water (1/4 t-spoon of salt in warm water) or saline solution from a pharmacy, if it gets too dry, reduce the amount of salt you use (or if you are using saline solution, clean it once a day), DO NOT touch it, let it be, picking and rubbing will only cause irritation and possibly cause infection. They will be a bit sore for a short while after (and from a male perspective, this soreness was gone within about 2 weeks)

In Dublin, there are many good spots, Iconic art, Body shock, connected ink, wildcat.

I personally usually go to Iconic art as I have gone there for quite some time, the guys are nice, never had an issue.

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Steve in Snakebite Dublin did mine, he was actually re-piercing it and was very good. Knew where to put it so it wasn't done on the scar tissue but close enough so it was as centered as could be!

I didn't find it sore at all, kinda nice actually! but everyone is different. Be over so fast anyway! Wasn't sore at all after as long as your don't mess with it too much.

Healing is ok, it's not so bad because it won't be out in the open air as much as ear and face if you get me. Just soak it in sea salt for a bit everyday, once a day is fine and keep grubby hands and mouths away for the first while! Don't bother with any saline solution, just make up your own with hot water and sea salt.

Definitely do not wear a push up bra for a while! It will kinda change the shape of your boobs and can hinder healing, and can be a little sore then. Just wear a good fitted bra at all times, maybe even in bed for a while to keep it in place while it heals.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Periwinkle!

Had mine done in Swords Ink. Have no complaints with them. Pain wasn't too bad. Thought my tongue was worse to get done. It's like some one pinching your nipple hard for a few seconds. They were a bit uncomfortable that evening, besides that there not sore unless you hit off them. I done the sea salt soaks 3 times a day for the first 2/3 weeks. Once a day then after that and healing process is going great so far. Try not to touch them and wear a comfortable bra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

John in v2 is a good piercer

Advertisement