Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 5 (Ground Zeros] ....completed in 2 HOURS!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I wasn't expecting a huge amount but I was expecting more than 2 hours, as said it would depend on how it was played, ie pure stealth or guns blazing.

I would also be expecting it to be a little more like peace walker where all the ex-ops took 2 or 3 times the time the main game did and and tonnes or replay.

Still I'll wait to hear a full breakdown of whats in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

The record time for MGS2 is well under 2 hours, for example.

And it's not MGSV, it's MGSV:Ground Zeros. The full game will be releasing at some point in the future.

Having said that, doesn't seem like great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

SETTLE

this is unconfirmed and this is Ground Zeros not MGS5.

sensationalist isn't the word. Thread title needs changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

weemcd wrote: »
    SETTLE

this is unconfirmed and this is Ground Zeros not MGS5.

sensationalist isn't the word. Thread title needs changed.

fixed. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sure skip the cutscenes and mgs4 is barely 2 hours of content, even less if you only count good content :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sounds like something along the lines of Gran Turismo 5 prologue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Seems like a bit of a cheap move. If its only 2 hours with most of that being cut scenes and radio convo's like the usual MGS games, i could see a lot of people being pissed off.

Wouldn't be suprised if it was suppose to be part of the actual game, like how they did MGS2 and the whole prologue... then saw the $$$$

Would rather wait until the full game is released anyway before playing it, hopefully its reasonably priced at that stage !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

People like to exaggerate. I'm sure a normal playthrough of it is more likely 5-6 hours.

I love a good speedrun as much as the next guy but that's when I know a game inside and out and am skipping stuff andtrying to go fast. On my first playthrough I take my time.....like most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Probably ran through it on Liquid Easy like n00000bs:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

jenjenten wrote: »
    2 hours of GAMEPLAY, or 2 hours on the GAME CLOCK?
    This came up before when some publications said Vanquish was too short (hint: they were dead wrong).

Additionally, that's the main story - and for a cinematic adventure, I have no problem with it being the length of a movie.
    30 euro for two hours??????????.....how much will gamestop charge....59.99 i bet, lol.
    If you looked at the article, you'll see it's $20 on digital download.

Why the hell would you buy from Gamestop?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If other sources are to be believed they quote Kojima as saying "internal testers can speed run it in 5 minutes"

This will likely get a massive price cut close to the release of Phantom Pain or even come bundled.

Edit: Actually there will be a a fair bit of content in this going by the achievement list.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes/achievements/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They should have made ZoE3 and bundled it with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They should have made ZoE3 and bundled it with it :)

I usually hate this type of thing but under the circumstances...

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So, looking at my Steam clock I played Bioshock Infinite to completion in about 5 hours, and that was on hard difficulty with a fair few restarts. Time to completion =/= quality of game.

Does it elaborate on how a 2 hour run will play? Is it going from objective to objective, completing the story as fast as possible with per-learned knowledge (item locations, objectives, vehicle locations)? Is there much unexplored from the map this way? This will be the part of MGS5 set in the military base at night if I'm remembering right, that place looked pretty big and lots to explore. If they add in stuff like the Dog Tags from MGS2 or the Kerotan Frogs in 3 then there's a bit more to challenge yourself with.

2 hours with no side quests apparently.

I heard Oblivion couild be beaten in 2 hours or less if you just did the main plot line.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mass Effect 2 only had a couple of hours of main narrative (three missions if I recall correctly?). The rest was all technically sub quests.

Anyway, there's never been any suggestions other than this being a short prologue. I'd imagine most players will take two or three sittings to play through it as long as they're not rushing through it. No-one's forcing anyone to buy it, and they've only been upfront about what you're getting.

There needs to be more lean AAA games IMO anyway. I'd actually welcome seeing smaller, shorter but big budget games released at a lower price. I've played 10 hour long games that still feel badly padded (oh hai Tomb Raider)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Sure mgs gameplay has always been short , the game excels in its game design to take different approaches to learn the game and try to gets the different emblems.

I am going to buy it and play it more than once and get full enjoyment out of it like the other games in the series :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I've no doubt it will be a very short game. That's fine with me tbh but it's not great value at that price.

I wouldn't call any of the games barring the first maybe excellent examples of game design. MGS2 and 4 were pretty horrid at points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Some people can play through Pokemon X in 12 hours. I took 130 hours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Speedrunners are insane though, and like using glitches.

No way will you finish it in 5 minutes on your first go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sure skip the cutscenes and mgs4 is barely 2 hours of content, even less if you only count good content :p

There is good content in there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

but its very possible that we could finish it in 2 hours

I don't mind spending 15-20e on it, I'd feel the game would be worth it for that price like an arcade game
    but with better graphics
    but no way am I paying anything more then 20, why bother releasing such a short version of the game when mgs is normal quite long(at least with cutscenes it feels that way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

It must be an easter egg that you can kill a boss very early on.
    Im not too bothered about time as long as the game has good replayability and maybe some online

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

calex71 wrote: »
    If other sources are to be believed they quote Kojima as saying "internal testers can speed run it in 5 minutes"

This will likely get a massive price cut close to the release of Phantom Pain or even come bundled.

You can speed run Ocarina of time and Mario 64 in a few minutes too and they are 30 hour games. I wouldn't read too much into it.

The side missions are going to be pretty inconsequential I think. I also get the impression that most of the important story moments of GZ have already been spoiled by trailers. But then again if this follows the structure of MGS2 and 3 then the prologue will likely be the most interesting part of the game story wise. Especially if Phantom Pain is open world.

God, I just don't know about this game. I don't give a **** about the Patriots or Metal Gear anymore. I didn't really like MGR but I'd prefer a sequel to that than this tbh.

snausages wrote: »
    TI didn't really like MGR but I'd prefer a sequel to that than this tbh.

Get out of here!

^For not liking Rising or not being hyped for this?

snausages wrote: »
    ^For not liking Rising or not being hyped for this?

For not liking rising :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Angry Joe will have a good old rant about this, having completed it in

tSRNa7l.png

Advertisement