Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 5 (Ground Zeros] ....completed in 2 HOURS!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've gone back to this to try squeeze a bit more value out by getting a higher completition ratio. Like calex71 I'm struggling with rage levels. Has anyone come across a good text walkthrough to get up to 100% ?

I had a look a some of the videos, the problem with them is that unless you are pretty close to them in terms of pace the guards will be in different locations , worse if you restart a check point then the guide is blown, I just use them for a rough idea of the route.

Actually one funny thing happened last night , start of ground zeros mission took out the guy in the tower, up to the ridge and wait for soldier to walk passed, along comes the jeep and runs him over , driver gets out alerted like it was an enemy that had killed him, the game literally had no idea what to do , body vanished before my eyes and he gets back in and drives off as if nothing had happened. Of course the one time I have my region set to ireland and im screaming at kinect "record that" it doesn't work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I think I know what you mean. As in the enemy walks around different routes relative to you and other enemies like?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Platform exclusive MGS5: Ground Zeroes content to be made available to all according to Eurogamer . Looks like we can squeeze a bit more value out of our over priced demo .
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-24-platform-exclusive-mgs5-ground-zeroes-dlc-to-be-made-available-to-all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

We're not getting anything new though, just unlock keys for stuff rather than crawling around looking for XOF patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

You get the exclusive Xbox mission as DLC for PS4 and vice versa .
    The content, which includes the PlayStation-exclusive Deja Vu mission and the Xbox-only Raiden Jamais Vu mission, will be made available as DLC.

The PlayStation-exclusive Deja Vu Mission lets you play as Classic Snake, a lo-fi avatar of Solid Snake based on his appearance in the first MGS from 1998.

The Xbox exclusive Jamais Vu mission sees you play cyborg ninja Raiden (star of Metal Gear Solid 2 and the recent spin-off Metal Gear Rising Revengeance) and battle enemy body snatchers in a base.

• Advertisement

• derm0j073 wrote: »
    You get the exclusive Xbox mission as DLC for PS4 and vice versa .
    The content, which includes the PlayStation-exclusive Deja Vu mission and the Xbox-only Raiden Jamais Vu mission, will be made available as DLC.

The PlayStation-exclusive Deja Vu Mission lets you play as Classic Snake, a lo-fi avatar of Solid Snake based on his appearance in the first MGS from 1998.

The Xbox exclusive Jamais Vu mission sees you play cyborg ninja Raiden (star of Metal Gear Solid 2 and the recent spin-off Metal Gear Rising Revengeance) and battle enemy body snatchers in a base.

In a base..More like in the same base

I have the game for PS3, bought via the Playstation store. Will the Xbox mission just be added via an update?

DLC I think.

I have the PS3 version as well and it really makes me wish I had a PS4. There's some very weird pop-in and artification going on in the PS3 version.

New mission has been added to the PS3 version via update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

Just completed it, was my first Metal Gear solid game, can anyone recommend another Metal Gear game, which is the best one ....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well, if you have a PS3 I'd suggest getting the legacy collection and playing through all of them.

If you can only pick one, MGS3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just completed it, was my first Metal Gear solid game, can anyone recommend another Metal Gear game, which is the best one ....?

MGS3 by a considerable margin. Best to just get the legacy edition, think it covers all the games in the series, well maybe not 4 (which is a load of crap so play the older ones first if you must).

• Just completed it, was my first Metal Gear solid game, can anyone recommend another Metal Gear game, which is the best one ....?
    Nothing wrong with 4, But agree Snake Eater is the bomb

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with 4

Oh if only I had an hour to rant how wrong this is. Damn dissertations to correct :'(

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh if only I had an hour to rant how wrong this is. Damn dissertations to correct :'(
    Haven't we had this debate before ;)
    Best we don't go there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Nothing wrong with 4, But agree Snake Eater is the bomb
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Haven't we had this debate before ;)
    Best we don't go there :P

Its a perfectly cromulent game.

FOXALIVE. That's all.

New PS3 mission is blurgh. There's a bit where you've to protect a helicopter by massacring a bunch of guys but you have to do it stealth unpess you want to enter alert mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Click at your own risk.
    The Boss appears to be back for The Phantom pain

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817369

• Spoiler for some :(

Edit* Raging

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Spoiler that ffs!! :mad:

I actually was going to spoiler.... I think we need a phantom pain thread. But you guys have to remove your quotes of me.

Sorry for posting that there Mick. But no need to be raging. It's not an earth-shattering spoiler of MGS5.

I assume you played MGS3:
    The Boss died in MGS3. So it will just be in flashbacks in MGS5

To be fair, the official press release material for this game(s) has spoiled more stuff than any leaks like the above. There were absolutely no real surprises in Ground Zeroes (other than that one scene), thanks Kojima :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Hayter in her hello list
    :pac:

Hayter in her hello list
    :pac:

Ha spotted that too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I am late to the party having picked it up last week when I holding out for a price drop I could not wait any longer.
    I Completed the main story 4 times now and S ranked Deja Vu missions on normal and hard So I feel like I can give my general opinions on the game that I have been sceptical to say the least of all the changes Kojima and his team made , as a long time Metal Gear fan all the way back to the ps1 days Ive quite alot of feelings to ground zero I need to get off my chest.

Positives:

.Get this out of the way the fox engine is absolutely stunning , not sure how it looks and runs on ps3 and 360 but on the playstation 4 is so stunning in every aspect from the skies to the oceans , to the movements of characters to the motion capture of the faces running at a smooth 60fps at 1080p , this is next gen at its finest. If this is what we are given so early in the new consoles I can only imagine what the future holds.

. I welcome the return of the more open world that feels this a huge leap forward to Metal Gear Solid 3 , where the more open the world is the more you must be aware and explore your surroundings and watch out for patrol guards, its very effective in its scope and the map is detailed down to the t its continuing the legacy of sharp level design.

.Cut scenes while short let a very powerful in pact on what's to come in phantom pain and tone is serious.

. Controls are very tight as to be expected , taken the mgs4/ peace walker approach.

Negatives:

Get the biggy over and done with Keifer Sunderland as big boss. I am a fan of the guy as an actor but him as Big Boss really did hurt me inside, its damaging although I hope kojima is just trolling like before and solid snake returns in phantom pain if not I do not think after 16 years of playing the series I can accept the change of keifer voice. His performance in general felt quite weak and all over the place from sounding old to young, and the more I hear the cutscenes in my playthroughs It just takes me out of it.
    .No Rations/Reflex mode/Regenerated Health:
    while reflex mode can be turned off I am sorry its kills the game , while there's no point being the guy who goes on about casual features that makes the game easier if you use them makes you less of a man because people do not want to invest in games or lack time and just want to get through it but to me it takes away the rush when you are spotted you either need to run and hide or take out guards.if it loses that sense of adrenaline it removes title tactical espionage action.
    Same removing rations and health and replacing it with the regenerating health system like many other games it removes aspects of the game that matters most. Managing your inventory so you are well prepared. I hope at least they go back to the Mgs 3 approach or bring back rations in phantom pain and make them for hard mode at least.
    . Lack of story : There is nothing here really that if someone were to skip the game and just picked up phantom pain they be missing much.

All in all the more I play ground zeroes the more I enjoy it , not counting the actual game content length and positive or negative because its irrelevent.
    I welcome the change for the series to move forward to a new generation and as game development grows bigger it needs to expand its audience. all I ask is to bring back certain aspects to the series like rations into an old school mode at least and keep the reflex modes to the people who are new to the series.

But Most Importantly Keifer Sunderland needs to do a better job voicing big boss , I just hope David Hayter is in phantom pain.

• Sorry for posting that there Mick. But no need to be raging. It's not an earth-shattering spoiler of MGS5.

I assume you played MGS3:
    The Boss died in MGS3. So it will just be in flashbacks in MGS5
    No worries man, I just always stay clear of previews for any games I intend on purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But Most Importantly Keifer Sunderland needs to do a better job voicing big boss , I just hope David Hayter is in phantom pain.

To be honest, as iconic as Hayter is and as weird it is to not hear his voice, I never rated his performance too much, particularly in MGS4. I know he was trying to sound older, but it just made him sound bland.

I don't think we heard enough of Sutherland in GZ to know what he's going to be like, but I'm not that fussed about Hayter being in the game or not. Nostalgia/cameo maybe, but I'm hoping Sutherland can give the role a bit more depth that I just don't think Hayter is capable of.

Jaysus Richy, you went a bit mad on the spoiler tags there :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Penn wrote: »
    To be honest, as iconic as Hayter is and as weird it is to not hear his voice, I never rated his performance too much, particularly in MGS4. I know he was trying to sound older, but it just made him sound bland.

I don't think we heard enough of Sutherland in GZ to know what he's going to be like, but I'm not that fussed about Hayter being in the game or not. Nostalgia/cameo maybe, but I'm hoping Sutherland can give the role a bit more depth that I just don't think Hayter is capable of.

Hayter would be important to me as to harrison ford is to Indiana Jones , removing such a voice or actor breaks my heart.

Metal Gear Solid my favourite series of all time. Even bought a ps4 for ground zeroes. Its the voice I know most and hayter was very fond of the series and knew how important it was. Keifer as much as I wanted to accept him felt like this was a side project for him and to my hears did not really feel like the passion was there.

I hope I am wrong when phantom pain comes.

Advertisement