Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 5 (Ground Zeros] ....completed in 2 HOURS!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

mgs5_project_ogre.jpg

"Project Ogre" (MGSV) on the left (November 2011) and E3 2014 MGSV screenshot on the right.

I always remember when this screenshot came out. It was so obvious it was a Metal Gear game. Despite Hideo Kojima saying "I guess I will have to eventually make MGS5 later on" lol.
    But I remember foolishly saying to myself there is no way that Big Boss / Whatever main character is actually the character on display. How wrong I was :pac:

Interesting to note that the presence of the belt being a "tail", Big Boss' pony tail and the horn (not seen in this picture but seen in another screenshot) were actually in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Apologies if this has been asked but I just bought MGSV GZ and it won't let me pick hard only normal, anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Davei141 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked but I just bought MGSV GZ and it won't let me pick hard only normal, anyone any ideas?

Have to finish it on normal first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Have to finish it on normal first.

Suspected as much, thanks for the quick reply and confirmation!

Rambo 3 is on UTV right now. You just know Kojima and the production team are influenced by this given the setting of MGSV.

• Advertisement

Rambo 3 has made me want:

- Soviet forts
    - Caves
    - Some jerk of a russian commander in the area as a boss battle.

Actually..... WAIT A SECOND!
    It's been confirmed that you have to rescue
    Miller early on in the game
    :pac::pac::pac::pac: Very Rambo 3 of you there Kojima :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Rambo 3 has made me want:

- Soviet forts
    - Caves
    - Some jerk of a russian commander in the area as a boss battle.

Ehhhh Metal Gear Solid 3 ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Ehhhh Metal Gear Solid 3 ?

But this time in Afghanistan :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Rambo 3 is on UTV right now. You just know Kojima and the production team are influenced by this given the setting of MGSV.

Would have thought that the politics of Kojima/MGS would be slightly better than Rambo's AMERICA! **** YEAH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I was thinking of getting Ground Zeros but I have just realised that I have never played Peace Walker (for the PS3).
    Is it worth playing before I get GZ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I was thinking of getting Ground Zeros but I have just realised that I have never played Peace Walker (for the PS3).

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Peace Walker is amazing. Top 3 at least in the series for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Otacon wrote: »
    Yes
    Peace Walker is amazing. Top 3 at least in the series for sure

Thanks lads, I downloaded it there a few minutes ago :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I think its the worst :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Didn't play a lot of Ground Zeroes when it was released. Just played the main mission and then went back to playing whatever I was playing at the time (possibly Infamous SS). Decided to go through GZ a bit more over the last few nights.

It's really growing on me. Guards patterns are a lot harder to figure out. The reflex mode is very cool (it can be a bit of a cheat, but at the same time it makes you feel badass and really like Big Boss). The more open map (despite how relatively small the GZ map is) is great. The controls feel a little off but getting more used to them.

Don't know if I'll try to 100% it, but will definitely play the missions through a few more times.

Reports are saying that a certain character from a previous MGS game will be in The Phantom Pain.

Click here - at your own risk if you don't want it to get spoiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Reports are saying that a certain character from a previous MGS game will be in The Phantom Pain.

Click here - at your own risk if you don't want it to get spoiled.
    Kind of obvious it was him from the trailer. some sort of apparition i imagine
    edit:
    is that Liquid and Raiden that are also there..?

Kind of obvious it was him from the trailer. some sort of apparition i imagine
    edit:
    is that Liquid and Raiden that are also there..?
    Yeah. But Volgin's action figure has "TPP" underneath it. But as you say it's nothing major as the trailer already revealed he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

How much time and how much Gamerscore in that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

This game is very cheap on the 360 and the one at the moment, best bet is argos!

• Advertisement

From the Sony conference yesterday :

Dumb but fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Trolljima strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

This is only $15 for xbox gold users now(not sure about the european store sorry). I think that's a bargain right?

It is a bargain. 15 dollers is only €11.22. Ground Zeros is worth that.

Sure whats 11 euro in the rip off land that is also known as Ireland :pac: ... A pack of John Player 25s... 2 pints in a bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

It is well worth it for 15 dollars.I just keep coming back to it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Cant get the actual page up (keeps crashing) but Konami Europe has posted that Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain will be winging its way to Steam.

https://uk.games.konami-europe.com/posts/METAL-GEAR-SOLID-V-THE-PHANTOM-PAIN-and-GROUND-ZEROES-Coming-to-Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Is the interview on at 7o Clock here and can you watch it on the PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Is the interview on at 7o Clock here and can you watch it on the PS4

Yes, it starts at 19:00.

Not sure if its available on PS4. Possibly via the IGN app.

If not, use this: http://www.twitch.tv/KONAMI

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The link won't work for me but apparently it stated on the Konami website that both MGSV games are confirmed for PC.

https://uk.games.konami-europe.com/

aQUX0.png

Bu70qSZIcAAbi3J.png:large

Edit - I see this was already posted, didn't see it, sorry.

• Advertisement

So much for tthe conference starting at 7 :P

Advertisement