Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 5 (Ground Zeros] ....completed in 2 HOURS!

Options

Comments

• Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Point being that you're complaining about MGS being overpriced and short.. When games like Journey and Gone home have even less content and are possible even shorter.

For example: I'll probably put this on the hardest settings with all assists turned off and try and play the game full stealth. Then when I'm done, i'll start again only I'll go full Rambo.. There should be at least 5 hours worth of content there and its only costing me €22.

I really don't see how its a rip off..
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yes, and this is where Eurogamer & CVG's differ, my original argument was that it was not factored into the verdict for Eurogamer when it should always have been. CVG considered this and gave it a fare score based on its content, the quality of said content and its value.

See my post above; This is where my complaint is.
    Also this is essentially a tech demo / tester for the devs with the everybody full well knowing there going to be releasing the full game next year. The indie Titles don't have any of this baggage.
    I have already made my decision that I'm only going to rent it based on it's cost / value for money (only if it's available on next-gen to rent btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

cursai wrote: »
    Downloaded this from the US psn store. played it for an hour. went away. turned the ps4 back on......and.....its gone. From both us and ireland accounts. Have to redownload???

did you have to purchase a us ps card?

i wouldnt accept my visa debit, when i had to use an american post code

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

dor83 wrote: »
    I've purposely read as little about it as I could so as not to ruin it so had no idea about the other missions, I know it's the same map but I'll play through all missions and the start over again on hard. I'll also go for a pure stealth run, no kills or alerts, so I reckon I will get a good bit of play time out of it. What are the exclusive missions?

Not got a clue although the review I read about them in didn't want to spoil them but said they were great just a pity the unlock conditions were so stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

See my post above; This is where my complaint is.
    Also this is essentially a tech demo / tester for the devs with the everybody full well knowing there going to be releasing the full game next year. The indie Titles don't have any of this baggage.
    I have already made my decision that I'm only going to rent it based on it's cost / value for money (only if it's available on next-gen to rent btw)

They do have this *baggage* and its called *Early Access*.
    Rust,DayZ,Project Zomboid and Prison Architect have all done the same thing.

Sure pretty much all those games cost more than MGS. Granted you'll get longer out of them.. But there still unfinished.

Sure pretty much all those games cost more than MGS. Granted you'll get longer out of them.. But there still unfinished.
    That's why they don't slap it into a box and put it on retail shelves. Ground Zeros is finished product but cut away from the main game in order to make some extra buck.
    The games you mention above need the users to do the testing for them to succeed, since when have they had the financial firepower of Konami.
    The indie titles are indie for a reason. Small time developers who take a chance and create something either amazing or **** but still need the cash revenue. And they still end up being cheaper the Ground Zeros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Point being that you're complaining about MGS being overpriced and short.. When games like Journey and Gone home have even less content and are possible even shorter.

For example: I'll probably put this on the hardest settings with all assists turned off and try and play the game full stealth. Then when I'm done, i'll start again only I'll go full Rambo.. There should be at least 5 hours worth of content there and its only costing me €22.

I really don't see how its a rip off..

Meh, I wouldn't buy Journey or Gone home either for 22 quid if it only had a 2 hour story (I haven't played Journey, and Gone home i got for a fiver). I'll just wait until its substantially cheaper and more in line with the actual content of the game before buying it.

Considering I just pre-ordered dark souls 2 for less than I can buy this game... i'd say its a bit ****ing over priced !!

Huge difference between paying for early access to games that you'll eventually get the full game for no additional cost... if you got MGS:V included in this then yes... it would be fine (Even if they charged £55 or whatever a full priced next gen title costs).

I get that people can do whatever they want with their own money, and that if people are stupid enough to pay £30 for what is essentially a prologue from the main game that's their problem. I just don't like the "ITS OK" message it'll give other developers.

Magill wrote: »
    Meh, I wouldn't buy Journey or Gone home either for 22 quid if it only had a 2 hour story (I haven't played Journey, and Gone home i got for a fiver). I'll just wait until its substantially cheaper and more in line with the actual content of the game before buying it.

Content length differs between person to person.. I'll get at least 4-5 hours which to me is perfectly fine.
    Considering I just pre-ordered dark souls 2 for less than I can buy this game... i'd say its a bit ****ing over priced !!

Thats hardly a fair comparison.
    DS2 is a last gen title and you also picked it up for PC which as we all know are considerably cheaper.
    Huge difference between paying for early access to games that you'll eventually get the full game for no additional cost... if you got MGS:V included in this then yes... it would be fine (Even if they charged £55 or whatever a full priced next gen title costs).

Fair point.
    I get that people can do whatever they want with their own money, and that if people are stupid enough to pay £30 for what is essentially a prologue from the main game that's their problem. I just don't like the "ITS OK" message it'll give other developers.

It's only €22 (If you're smart) so I'd hardly call people stupid for picking it up at that price. I've seen people paying as much for crappy add on DLC. So when you consider that its a quality title i've zero issue paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

If you were to buy it off the us store would an irish credit card work?

If you were to buy it off the us store would an irish credit card work?

I couldn't get mine to work.
    Instead I just bought a $20 + $10 psn card off Amazon.com

You'll need to change your shipping address to somewhere in America to be able to buy from them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Magill wrote: »

Please don't start with these generalised insults, it lends the discussion an unwelcome tone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

It can be bought on PSN (US store) for €22.. So you'd be very silly to pay €40.
    Also you're not going to finish everything in 2 hours when its your first playthrough.

And if you do then you're playing on easy with every help feature turned on.

I have a US PSN but cannot add funds to the wallet either via credit/debit card or paypal. It seems to be a moot point about how cheap it is via
    US PSN store since they've made it virtually impossible for us to use.

I have a US PSN but cannot add funds to the wallet either via credit/debit card or paypal. It seems to be a moot point about how cheap it is via
    US PSN store since they've made it virtually impossible for us to use.

Just buy 1x $20 Psn card and 1x $10 Psn card off Amazon.com.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Paypal should work. If not you can get PSN cards from playasia.

i just bought a 20$ and a 10$ card off pcgamesupply.com had the codes in less than a minute worked out at 25.12 euro in total including there small fee.

currently downloading, maybe a little overpriced, but i was never going to miss this!

looking forward to it, and the 'retro' mgs 1 side mission i read about

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The game is up on the EU PSN to buy

PS4 £24.99/€29.99/AU$39.95

PS3 £19.99/€19.99/AU$24.95

$19.99 and $29.99 as said for the US store, compared to most things that doesn't suck as a conversion (unless you're in the UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Varik wrote: »
    The game is up on the EU PSN to buy

PS4 £24.99/€29.99/AU$39.95

PS3 £19.99/€19.99/AU$24.95

$19.99 and $29.99 as said for the US store, compared to most things that doesn't suck as a conversion (unless you're in the UK).

No, it's not available to buy yet. Just has a page with the game screens and overview etc. No 'add to cart' option.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

pittsburgh wrote: »
    i just bought a 20$ and a 10$ card off pcgamesupply.com had the codes in less than a minute worked out at 25.12 euro in total including there small fee.

currently downloading, maybe a little overpriced, but i was never going to miss this!

looking forward to it, and the 'retro' mgs 1 side mission i read about

did the same last night .
    I wish all games for that price looked that good and had that amount off gameplay
    people say its 2hours but ive put plenty of hours in trying to better myself and approach scenarios differently .
    fairly gritty too which I like
    too many cartoon games coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've played about an hour of it now and am loving it. There is definitely a lot of ways to approach the main mission and i know I'll definitely get a decent amount of playtime with this

Played about 2 hours so far and Its amazing.
    Everything from the Stealth to the combat is really satisfying.

Snuck up on some guy and knocked him out with some CQC moves. So i'm searching the area when I see he's waking up. I go full sprint (which turns the camera all cinematic) towards him and before he can fire a shot, I falcon kick him off a cliff :pac:

Even the shooting feels great.. Hit someone in the leg and they fall down grasping it. Hit them left side of the chest and they'll fling that side of there body over from the force of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

pittsburgh wrote: »
    did you have to purchase a us ps card?

i wouldnt accept my visa debit, when i had to use an american post code

have a us ps user id
    create a us amazon id with a US postal address
    buy psn cards.
    use us psn cards with us psn id
    activate us psn as primary console on ps4
    play us game and get trophies saves with your uk psn

• Advertisement

Played about 2 hours so far and Its amazing.
    Everything from the Stealth to the combat is really satisfying.

Snuck up on some guy and knocked him out with some CQC moves. So i'm searching the area when I see he's waking up. I go full sprint (which turns the camera all cinematic) towards him and before he can fire a shot, I falcon kick him off a cliff :pac:

Even the shooting feels great.. Hit someone in the leg and they fall down grasping it. Hit them left side of the chest and they'll fling that side of there body over from the force of it.

I'm interested in knowing what you exactly spent the two hours doing in the game, was this objective based or was it just messing around? Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Took today of work,went into GameStop at 9, wasn't open til 10, went in at ten,this not out until tomorrow thought it was today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

brady12 wrote: »
    Took today of work,went into GameStop at 9, wasn't open til 10, went in at ten,this not out until tomorrow thought it was today :(

I got stung too. It was on psn this morning for release today. Went to buy a physical copy and found out is being released tomorrow. Looking at psn now and it's been changed to the 21st. Somebody has fvcked up royally. Obviously Konami have trouble using calenders, I'm actually quite pissed off about it.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    I got stung too. It was on psn this morning for release today. Went to buy a physical copy and found out is being released tomorrow. Looking at psn now and it's been changed to the 21st. Somebody has fvcked up royally. Obviously Konami have trouble using calenders, I'm actually quite pissed off about it.

make a us psn account

buy a 10$ + 20$ us ps card of pcgamesupply.com have codes in few minutes, youll be downloading in 10 min, and will save a fiver

I'm interested in knowing what you exactly spent the two hours doing in the game, was this objective based or was it just messing around? Genuine question.

Playing the actual mission.
    While playing you really have to be sneaky and plan your route or you will be spotted and probably killed.

There's no way you'd do the first mission in under 1 hour imo. There's also like 4 other missions after the main one.
    Its pretty tough on normal.. You can't unlock hard until you beat it on normal first.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

nullzero wrote: »

Em ?

It is on the PSN Store for download.....3.9gig 29.99 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Physical releases in UK/Ireland are always Fridays..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just finished the main mission in just under 2 hours. Made such a mess of the whole thing. So many bodies everywhere and that was trying to be stealthy. I think its fantastic and cant wait to try it again

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Physical releases are not always Friday in UK / Ireland, although it is generally only the big blockbuster games that get the early releases for worldwide launches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Up on the Irish store now.

Advertisement