Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 5 (Ground Zeros] ....completed in 2 HOURS!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Yep it's on the PSN shop now with the add tk cart button. 20notes for PS3.

Not every day is a New Metal Gear Solid game day but today is :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Wouldnt mind getting this today. But digitally is not an option. Wonder why GameStop arent selling it today :confused: Meant to come out the 20th.

*edit*

brady12 wrote: »
    Took today of work,went into GameStop at 9, wasn't open til 10, went in at ten,this not out until tomorrow thought it was today

That sucks. If its scheduled for the 20th and is released on the EU PSN store then it should be in shops at the same day.

• Up on the Irish store now.
    Xbox One 34.99 - So Steep
    Physical Release is same price in Gamestop.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Xbox One 34.99 - So Steep
    Physical Release is same price in Gamestop.
    :mad:

Just switch region on the X1 and buy it off the US store.
    Its only €22 that way.

• Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just switch region on the X1 and buy it off the US store.
    Its only €22 that way.
    Questions;
    Do you have to leave your Xbox One set to the US Region to use the content?
    Do you have to generate a dud address?
    And also isn't this against the TOS?

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Questions;
    Do you have to leave your Xbox One set to the US Region to use the content?
    Do you have to generate a dud address?
    And also isn't this against the TOS?

I'm sure since I don't have a X1 to test.. But a friend just changed his region from UK to US and it worked fine.

I doubt you'd get in any trouble for doing it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Biggest rip off ive ever seen in games
    makes horse armour look like a bargain very pissed off

• jimboblep wrote: »
    Biggest rip off ive ever seen in games
    makes horse armour look like a bargain very pissed off
    Are you done with the game already? How many hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

In what sense were you ripped off?

Did you know nothing about the game before buying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

What difficulty will I play it on.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What difficulty will I play it on.?

You unlock hard mode once you finish it on normal. I think that goes for all side missions too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Listening to paz's diary before I start

3 Missions left for me. Played about 5 hours so far.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    3 Missions left for me. Played about 5 hours so far.

That for 100%.?

That for 100%.?

No, i'm only around 19%

Bought it for €30 in Smyths Toys today. Xbox 360 version for me. Would love to buy it for PS4 but sadly no ps4 :(

Gonna start playing it in a while. But seeing as how MGS are very story driven games and no doubt story aspects will be discussed here. Should we create another thread? or start using spoiler tags?

Last thing I would want is to spoil it for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

**** it, I wasn't going to buy this, but I just hit confirm purchase. Even though this will definitely hit playstation plus before the year is out, I just can't wait that long! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

It's 28 Euro in HMV/Xtravision on PS3.

I bought on PSN store. It's less than 2GBs :/

On the game itself, a mixed bag. It's called MGS5 but is a sequel to a PSP game and drops a lot of the gameplay from MGS4 which is wierd. I've only played it for a few minutes so far but it seems to have a strong refocusing toward stealth as oppossed to combat

Just completed the story line mission... Will post spoilers so highlight at you own risk :p
    Just spent 90+ minutes on the main story. Its certainly a very good game in the sense of controls, graphics, animations, you name it. It really is a massive step up from MGS4.
    However, while I am a massive MGS fan having near played them all except for portable ops and peace walker, I was left going "thats it?" at the ending. Even tho I read the backstory that comes with the game and I know general bits such as Paz and Chico.... I was expecting some ending that would make me go 'oh man, cant wait for the phantom pain!' - I can't help but think if I played Peace Walker I would have enjoyed this more :( Not to mention trailers spoiled the fact that a bomb was in paz (I seriously thought that was a dude in the trailers and not paz lol) But trailers spoiled that scene none the less. But here I am 15 minutes after completing the game and I... I honestly dont know whats going on. So thats not a good thing.

Over all.... (and this is not a spoiler for anyone just a recommendation)
    Play Peace Walker before this game. Its Peace Walker 2. Not MGS console-based-game-sequal

• Advertisement

I'm going to be honest.. Next gen in mgs is unreal 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Very tempted to get this, but people are saying it's an overpriced demo. Is it worth it to those who've already gotten it?

Meh, just bought it. What harm

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

this thread makes me laugh.. I bought Zone of the Enders purely for the Metal Gear Demo.....guess I was a fanboy back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bought it friday and finished it today, took me over 3 hours but some was spent listening to logs, that kind of stuff interests me. Haven't touched the side missions yet. For 30 quid yeah its steep, but im a massive mgs fan so it was a day one purchase for me, if you aren't a mgs fan/looking to get into the series then id advise against it at its current pricing.
    The game itself is very enjoyable, graphics and audio are brilliant and gameplay is as great as always with a few tweeks from previous instalments. It certainly has me wanting more and cannot wait for the phantom pain which I feel will be superb value for its retail price. (Not that that will negate the price of ground zeros)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Bought it last night and cant fault anything about it. Graphics are mind blowing, gameplay is solid and the enemy ai is the best iv seen in a video game. Its fairly short but holds great replay value which makes up for the price

• Angry Joe Review; Spoilers Beware.
    Not a happy camper

I don't care about the detractors .. Spent 3 hours playing it and listening to audio logs .UNREAL ..next gen is here finally..and the ending unreal left me dying for phantom pain I be pre booking that and blowing fortune on special edition.. Going to play the rest side stuff Thursday .. Oh next gen Mgs I love you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I kinda felt empty after completing ground zeroes. I really don't see what the phantom pain can add to the MGS universe since MGS4 tied everything up. Maybe if MGS5 was a direct sequel to MGS4 or they rebooted the franchise in some way, then maybe it would rekindle the excitement I had when MGS2 was released all those years ago.

I kinda felt empty after completing ground zeroes. I really don't see what the phantom pain can add to the MGS universe since MGS4 tied everything up. Maybe if MGS5 was a direct sequel to MGS4 or they rebooted the franchise in some way, then maybe it would rekindle the excitement I had when MGS2 was released all those years ago.

Well it finishes the story of Big Boss.
    Which is something I really want to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The more I watch the director's cut trailer, the more I get excited about the phantom pain. I absolutely love the music they chose to be the intro.

Advertisement