Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phishing text

Options
  • 05-02-2014 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Just to let ye know (I am not even a BoI customer) that I have received a few of the following texts (the sender is just 'FreeText', no actual number on display)

Bank of Ireland FreeText 365 online account update: http://phoneunlocknow.com/365online

--

I got the exact same text a few days before this one claiming to be from PTSB as well.

Just thought I'd let ye know.

Rgds
    Sam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Just to let ye know (I am not even a BoI customer) that I have received a few of the following texts (the sender is just 'FreeText', no actual number on display)

Bank of Ireland FreeText 365 online account update: http://phoneunlocknow.com/365online

--

I got the exact same text a few days before this one claiming to be from PTSB as well.

Just thought I'd let ye know.

Rgds
    Sam
    Hi Sam,

Thank you for contacting us through boards.ie.

As you correctly suspected this was not sent from Bank of Ireland.  We never send emails/text messages of this nature to customers.  If you haven't already deleted it, would you be able to either email the text message or a screen shot of it to 365security@boi.com.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Seán 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

I also received this text. For PTSB and donedeal too. I forwarded the BOI one to the address above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi MySubbleItches,

Thank you for contacting us here on boards.ie.

We are delighted that our previous post was beneficial to you. Thank you for your vigilance and for forwarding on the text you received.

Elaine

Advertisement