Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat grades

Options
  • 05-02-2014 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

hi, im in third year and failed a module in semester one. I haven't failed any modules up until now. how do I get graded in the repeat exam? do I only get a final result of 40% even if I get 60% for example in the repeat as I failed the module first time?

I want to know as I need an average of 50% for fourth year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

fireflys wrote: »
    hi, im in third year and failed a module in semester one. I haven't failed any modules up until now. how do I get graded in the repeat exam? do I only get a final result of 40% even if I get 60% for example in the repeat as I failed the module first time?

I want to know as I need an average of 50% for fourth year

You're capped at 40% in the repeat unless you had individual extenuating circumstances, if you want to appeal it the deadline is tomorrow so you should go over to the exams office first thing to get the necessary form.

If you got between 35-40 you should be able to pass by compensation as long as you don't get worse than 35 in any of your semester 2 exams.

Advertisement