Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathcoole N7 noise?

Options
  • 05-02-2014 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Been looking around rathcoole at a few older houses, some of which are very close to the N7.

Anyone here live near the N7 and if so is noise pollution a major issue? I.e would i need earplugs to sit out the back/enjoy a bbq?!

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you listen you will hear traffic (sometimes)- however it depends on where you are- and in any event, overtime you develop a knack of tuning out the sound of the traffic- its still there, it just doesn't register. If you have a garden, presumably you'll have trees, which will also insulate you from any untoward noise.

Sound isn't going to be an issue with you enjoying your barbeque, the weather on the other hand.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Without being smart, best to take a trip to the properties you like and listen for yourself.

Hearing is very individual and so is the threshold of noise at which you might find acceptable and what another might find acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I dont have any experience of Rathcoole, but I spend a lot of time in Kill, and I dont think I have ever noticed any noise from the N7.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I think its all down to the individual.

I have quite sensitive hearing and recall a new bypass being built south of my parents' home about 5 years ago. Although half a mile away, I presume because the noise travelled across boggy lowland and up to us on a hill, I found it very hard to sleep; particularly when it rained. The traffic seemed to make much more noise.

Best to investigate fully, as of course you are beginning to by posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi,

Been looking around rathcoole at a few older houses, some of which are very close to the N7.

Anyone here live near the N7 and if so is noise pollution a major issue? I.e would i need earplugs to sit out the back/enjoy a bbq?!

Cheers

I know several people who grew up close to Dublin airport. Whenever they had visitors the visitors would be looking into the sky every time a plane flew over, they wouldn't even notice it. People can get used to a lot, but if you do have sensitive hearing the only way is to find out if it'll affect you.

May be a stupid idea but there's a hotel in Kingswood which is right beside the N7 maybe spend a day and night there and see if you notice the noise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

You will quickly learn to HATE boy racers with loud exhausts in the early hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FenixBear

I live in Rathcoole, living there a year. Never notices any noises - to be honest its like living in the country to me, i do hear cows mooing and we did have a cock crowing on our street one night which is far noisier then the road.

Advertisement