Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering from Play-Asia

Options
  • 05-02-2014 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi, I am thinking of ordering a game on Play-Asia and was wondering how long it will usually take to deliver to Dublin. I heard some people say they got theirs 5 or 6 days while some people say 3 - 4 weeks, in both cases standard shipping was used.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Hi, I am thinking of ordering a game on Play-Asia and was wondering how long it will usually take to deliver to Dublin. I heard some people say they got theirs 5 or 6 days while some people say 3 - 4 weeks, in both cases standard shipping was used.

Thanks.
    Took 5 weeks when I ordered.This was when the ps4 was released and I just ordered the games of them as they were very cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I'm in rural mayo .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've gotten some things in barely a week, other stuff has taken months (although the longest was at the tail end of those mass postal delays a few years back). There's no guarantee with post from Asia, but to the site's credit they do get things quickly and efficiently. It's out of their control after that, though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I order all the time from them. Sometimes I get things from them within 2 weeks but that's a very rare exception. Mostly it takes up to a month, maybe even 5 days. The longest was about 2 months but that's because what I ordered got flagged by customs (another risk with ordering from asia but it's a very rare occurence).

They are a great site to order from with great customer support just as long as you don't desperately need what you are ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭PenguinForce

Just placed my order there. Picked economy bubble packaging and neutral package.

I just read that Play-Asia stopped shipping Sony products to EU. I didn't see anywhere on their site that mention this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just placed my order there. Picked economy bubble packaging and neutral package.

I just read that Play-Asia stopped shipping Sony products to EU. I didn't see anywhere on their site that mention this.

They did for a while after sony and their lawyer brigade sued Lik-Sang into oblivion for selling asian PSPs to Europe (Never forget!). They started shipping sony product again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They did for a while after sony and their lawyer brigade sued Lik-Sang into oblivion for selling asian PSPs to Europe (Never forget!). They started shipping sony product again though.

Good old Lik Sang, gone but not forgotten.

The amount of stuff I got from them back int' day.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭PenguinForce

So my order is still at "Preparing Order" status since the 5th. Does it usually take this long for an order to get shipped?

My item is in stock and it said ship within 24 hours on their page. I noticed my ETA shipping date which was meant to be the 7th (last friday) disappeared on the very day it was meant to be shipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

I ordered LAst of Us on May 17th and still havent received it, is it too soon to start to be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I ordered LAst of Us on May 17th and still havent received it, is it too soon to start to be worried?

Nope, could take 3-5 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

They're taking their time.

Wolfenstein was shipped on the 27th of May and still hasn't arrived. I remember their delivery times being much better before.

From now on I'll probably stick to Video Games Plus.

Advertisement