Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with controller

Options
  • 05-02-2014 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my controller. It keeps cutting off. Well, what's actually happening is it will work for a few secs then just stops. The batteries are charged but it will say 'please connect controller'. The lights keep flashing in a circular motion.

I wonder is it time to just buy a new one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Have you tried to re-sync it with the console?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

That screams battery to me. How are you charging them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rechargeable batteries can also lose their ability to hold a charge. Throw a couple of AA's in there and see how it goes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The MS battery packs can lose their polarity over time and so when you charge them the green light comes on almost immediately because the charge pack thinks it's charged.

The trick is to repeatedly unplug and replug the charge cable until you get the red light to stay on. It can take quite a while depending on the battery but basically eventually you will get the polarity sorted so it will take the charge.

The red light will flash on and turn green when you start. Unplug, replug, wait for green, unplug, replug, wait for green, rinse, repeat. Keep at it and the red light will stay on longer and longer and longer until finally it will remain on for 20 seconds or more and begin to charge the battery.

When I discovered this I revived 3 old battery packs I thought were dead. The worst took me 40 minutes to get to work. If you can get or borrow the quick charge kit this happens automatically - it will keep reinitiating the charge until it detects proper polarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Common problem, if its Xbox One....

Ring support to get it sorted 012420758

You will have to pay postage to CZ and they will send you a new one...

Alternatively go to myservice.Xbox.com - sign in, register the console via serial number and set up a fulfilment for the accessory....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Thanks for all the replies. It's not the batteries anyway, because I've taken out the battery pack and put in AA's. It's still doing the same thing. As for syncing again....sometimes the controller will work for a couple of minutes at a time. Surely it doesn't need syncing again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Tilikum wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies. It's not the batteries anyway, because I've taken out the battery pack and put in AA's. It's still doing the same thing. As for syncing again....sometimes the controller will work for a couple of minutes at a time. Surely it doesn't need syncing again?

No, that controller is broken.

See what Fieldog said, he covered all the returns process there.

Advertisement