Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymote Library Incident

Options
  • 05-02-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Does anyone know what's the story with Ballymote Library? According to the website:
    "Due to an incident at Ballymote Community Library on Wednesday 29th January, the library is temporarily closed. It is intended to re-open the facility once the garda investigation is completed."

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Both books were out on loan at the time and when one was returned, it transpired it was fully coloured in :eek: :pac:

I jest of course the actual story I heard was someone was assaulted in/outside the place. Didn't hear why or the outcome but am puzzled as I wouldn't think a library was a hotbed for aggression. I'm sure the full story will be in the rags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

There was a fight between 2 guys from tower hill.
    Was pretty crazy one minute they were chatting back and forth at the computers, next minute one guy was hitting the other. Blood everywhere!!
    The girls in there called the gardai straight away, who came pretty quick. Seems like they let the guy who started the fight go and took the guy who was hurt in the squad car!!
    Seemed like both were well know to the gardai.
    Don't understand why the library has been closed since because it happened last Wednesday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

A Library, one of the quietest, most peaceful places you can find.
    And a fight breaks out!

What the hell next!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

It was pretty crazy, I was in the library at the time and couldn't believe what was happening. The poor girls who work in there having to deal with crap like that.
    Apparently the library I closed because the case must be taken to court or the person charged because it happened in the library, not sure how true that is.
    Also I'm kinda laughing at the thought of what kind of investigations the gaurds are doing in there.
    I wasn't question even though I seen the whole thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

One guy said the dewey decimal system was obsolete and it all kicked off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

its part of their culture or whatever you're having

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Shush!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

sligoface wrote: »
    One guy said the dewey decimal system was obsolete and it all kicked off.

That's funny!:D

Advertisement