Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! Chinese Student with Problems with Online Application

Options
  • 05-02-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi

I hope some one might be able to point me in the right direction.
    A friend in China is applying to do a Masters in Ireland.. and has hit a brick wall in one aspect - His online application for UCD is almost complete but cannot be processed with out his transcript of his degree

this "transcript" is becoming a nightmare.. His university does not seem to understand it, where he works (also a university) does not seem to understand what it means. He has shown me his graduation certificate etc - these need to be translated and notarised but they are not " transcripts"

I wondered if there was a Chinese society in UCD , or in fact any Chinese student who could just explain the process to him ( wechat/email/skype)

I think he needs to use this (or similar) http://cqv.chinadegrees.cn/cn/

But when I try open in English in chrome much of the webpage merges over each other and I cannot read

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated , a person who went through the process would be great, but even if any one has any suggestions.

UCD do not have contacts in China , DCU have but the contact there just said the certificate would do. However I am advised this will not uppload and/or be accepted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

UCD do not have contacts in China

UCD has big ties with China. There was a large donation for the new science hub and we are building a campus there. I'd be shocked if there were no contacts. However, that said, transcripts are your academic records i.e. Your grades, exams, when you sat them etc. Every college will issue these. Its a very common request.

If you still have trouble, I have someone who may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

ironclaw wrote: »
    UCD has big ties with China. There was a large donation for the new science hub and we are building a campus there. I'd be shocked if there were no contacts. However, that said, transcripts are your academic records i.e. Your grades, exams, when you sat them etc. Every college will issue these. Its a very common request.

If you still have trouble, I have someone who may be able to help.

Hi, thanks for the reply

No contact given for China, I tried, i was even speaking to the administrator of the MA program. I know they are developing connections related to the business programs but I could not identify and contact

I've explained to him what a transcript is (much like your definition but I will also pass on yours) - I can see the equivalent if I log into a website rang by their Ministry of Education.. but cannot work out a way to get it printed (I can see that it can be available in English, i can see the price for the transcript, but I cannot get any further)

Any help would be great as it is holding up his application, which holds up any offer, and he needs the offer to apply for the VISA. He is in the unusual situation of having the funding sorted, and the work sabbatical etc , and this is holding things up - he is fluent in English but both he and his work colleagues seem at a loss to what is required ! very frustrating

Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

There's a Chinese students society which may be of some help :http://ucd.cssa.ie/welcome.aspx

haro124 wrote: »
    There's a Chinese students society which may be of some help :http://ucd.cssa.ie/welcome.aspx

Thanks but it doesn't seem to have updated in a year , the contact link does not open to an email address or message box etc :(

Hi

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated , a person who went through the process would be great, but even if any one has any suggestions.

UCD do not have contacts in China , DCU have but the contact there just said the certificate would do. However I am advised this will not uppload and/or be accepted

Just bumping this

• Advertisement

Hi

UCD do not have contacts in China , DCU have but the contact there just said the certificate would do. However I am advised this will not upload and/or be accepted

Just bumping this

He has not progressed at all : (

And it is getting late to complete the application

• Registered Users Posts: 17 reno123

UCD CSSA have a facebook page. And it was updated very recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Maybe contact the international office?
    Or the Confucious institute ?

reno123 wrote: »

Thanks - I have made contact no reply as yet

• Advertisement

haro124 wrote: »
    Maybe contact the international office?
    Or the Confucious institute ?

Hi - We did make contact with the international office but not much success. I am not sure if it is on this side not understanding the differences in China, or just my Chinese friend being naive/confused (unlikely as he works in a university - Vice Deans are giving references etc - they just seem at a loss to what a transcript is and how to process )

I did not mean that as a criticism of the International Office- I spoke to them initially but then did not want any impression my friend could not communicate in English - he is fluent - but I am not sure how the time difference etc is affecting any communication by himself directly

reno123 wrote: »

Still no response on their Facebook page

Advertisement