Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Management - Unsure what qualification suits

Options
  • 05-02-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have worked in operational risk management for six years and for me to move my career forward (and satisfy fitness and probity) I need to get some kind of qualification, preferably a degree, in risk management or something financial or business like.

I only have my leaving certificate and I'm 30 years old.

I’ll have to complete either online or at night over three or four years. Could anyone recommend a suitable qualification that isn’t ridiculously difficult to qualify in? I know accounting would be a great thing to complete but I’ve heard this is incredibly tough.

I'm in Dublin, Ireland but if an online UK or US qualification exists, this could suit also?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not sure where this belongs. Have moved it to Mature and non-traditional. Feel free to move it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I have worked in operational risk management for six years and for me to move my career forward (and satisfy fitness and probity) I need to get some kind of qualification, preferably a degree, in risk management or something financial or business like.

I’ll have to complete either online or at night over three or four years. Could anyone recommend a suitable qualification that isn’t ridiculously difficult to qualify in? I know accounting would be a great thing to complete but I’ve heard this is incredibly tough.

I'm in Dublin, Ireland but if an online UK or US qualification exists, this could suit also?

How about this?

http://www.trigraph.ie/management-risk-mor%C2%AE-combined-foundation-and-practitioner-certificate

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sciscitatio

Are you still looking? DCUs - MSc in Emergency Management, is the only one of its kind in Ireland, its part time and covers business risk etc. Drop me a PM or Post here; Im happy to give some more info etc.

Advertisement