Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missed the cao mature student deadline (feb 1) for GEM application

Options
  • 04-02-2014 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I just saw that I missed the deadline (Feb 1) to fill out the course selection.
    I just got my CAO number and then registered for the GAMSAT exam. I thought I was sweet, took a sigh of relief and started my day's study but, I needed to select courses as well as get my CAO number.

I was all focused on the GAMSAT prep as I intend to apply for the irish graduate medicine (GEM) courses.

I'll call them (CAO) up tomorrow but, has anyone else been in this position?

It's literally a few buttons I forgot to press on the CAO site.

I find it hard to believe that this delays my plans for another year!!
    I'm also scared as I've quit my full time job as an Engineer since I have a reasonable GAMSAT result already.

They must have some kind of process for special circumstances. Any ideas/advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You have the chance to make adjustments to your CAO form from today at mid-day up to the 1st of March iirc. It will cost you another €10 but I think you can add your course choices in, not 100% sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Im 25 and im looking to go back to college next year.

I see that the cao is back open again for late applications march 5th, is that for mature students too?

I've got a fair few points from a previous fetac course I did 3 years back, will these be taking into account when applying as a mature student ?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Paddy_mac

yea, it was serious panic stations that night. I just payed 10 euro and fixed it up.

I'm a donkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Paddy_mac

i'm not sure really. I think it depends on what you're applying for.

Check out the cap 2014 handbook and read it carefully it has all the info in there, including the answer to my question. ( i just missed it )

http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/hb.pdf

Advertisement