Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business idea-advice

Options
  • 05-02-2014 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

I have had a idea for a business for a while now which I think would do really well in Ireland and possibly other country's .
    I have no one I know family or friends to really talk it through with them and get advice on the idea.
    No one with any business experience of starting up complicated company
    It would be a online site providing a service.
    I haven't seen any other site offering this service.
    It's very clear what the service provides to clients and customers
    But there would be so many details to sort out we're it to be started up.
    I wouldn't even have a idea on where to start on setting it up.
    I'm wondering is there anything in Ireland where you can discuss a idea with someone,without fear of idea being stolen, and talk through the whole business idea and get feedback on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

In my experience, people rarely steal other people's business ideas. Others don't have the same interests / skills / habits / likes /dislikes / life experiences that you do and people never have the same feel for a business idea.

So go out and talk about it, to family, friends, associations, chambers of commerce, your local country enterprise board ... and develop the idea to a concept, to something that solves a problem, to a description of the ideal customer, to how it differs from competition etc and your idea may become a business in time.

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Talk to your local Enterprise Board about getting a mentor and seriously consider doing a Start Your Own Buisness course before ever starting up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Talk to your local Enterprise Board about getting a mentor and seriously consider doing a Start Your Own Buisness course before ever starting up!

There should be a way to auto post this on any new thread that has the word idea in it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Even if you've got people around you, it can be hard to get good unbiased advice, especially if they're family!

It sounds like you're right at the beginning of this process and taking a vague outline of a business proposition to a body like an enterprise centre isn't always easy when you haven't quite figured it all out.

Feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can help out. I've got more than enough on my own plate at the moment, so won't be stealing anything. :D

Advertisement