Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nama gifting sites to Local Authority?

Options
  • 05-02-2014 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

This might be a political stunt, but local councillor has mentioned that he is looking for site for all weather pitch from Nama / county council because not enough amenity / green field sites in the area.

Is this really possible, are Nama likely/able from a legal point of view to do this. Just strikes me that nothing has been done for 4 years and all of a sudden there is a meeting etc....

thanks.

Rainydays1408
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hi all,

This might be a political stunt, but local councillor has mentioned that he is looking for site for all weather pitch from Nama / county council because not enough amenity / green field sites in the area.

Is this really possible, are Nama likely/able from a legal point of view to do this. Just strikes me that nothing has been done for 4 years and all of a sudden there is a meeting etc....

thanks.

Rainydays1408
    Pretty sure the site would have to be bought Namas purpose is to get best value for money for what it has to return it to the exchequer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

What would be the problem with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Assume it's renting it or selling it, not gifting it as such

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Hi all,

thanks.

Rainydays1408

Which member of the Healy-Rae clan are you then?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Considering nama offered local authorities up to 4000 properties last year for social housing and most were turned down even though 90,000 + are on waiting lists for housing i wouldn't expect it to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Gatling wrote: »
    Considering nama offered local authorities up to 4000 properties last year for social housing and most were turned down even though 90,000 + are on waiting lists for housing i wouldn't expect it to happen

Just to clarify. You mean turned down by local authorities. Lets make it clear that potential tenants did not turn them down.

2000 units were deemed not acceptable for social housing purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Chucken wrote: »
    Just to clarify. You mean turned down by local authorities. Lets make it clear that potential tenants did not turn them down.

2000 units were deemed not acceptable for social housing purposes.

My mistake ,

The 2000 properties turned down by the excuses given by local authorities were silly ,
    Oh including my favourite ohh there isn't any local authority housing in a well to do area and we can mix with non local authority housing ,

Basically sorry you wount be welcomed here if its social housing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Some local authority housing policies cap the amount of social housing units in an estate, usually around 20% of the total number of residential properties.

Advertisement