Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Factory unlock for iphone5

• 05-02-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering who are the best companies to do factory unlocks for iphone5? seen a lot online but not sure who is good or not.

before anyone says why don't i ask my provider for them I'm having so much trouble trying to get a straight answer from them to far smaller details i would explode if i had to talk to them about this.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

any help on this would be great???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Loads on eBay - I just went in and types 02 Ireland iPhone unlock and made sure the seller had a good rating and no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Dan82 wrote: »
    any help on this would be great???

I use a seller called triomobile on ebay, good price and works quickly.

will any of these do it inside 24 hour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Doubtful - 2 or 3 days, everyone says the same so take it as 2 days.

• Advertisement

I got mine in under 24hrs, but they don't guarantee it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Dan82 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering who are the best companies to do factory unlocks for iphone5? seen a lot online but not sure who is good or not.

before anyone says why don't i ask my provider for them I'm having so much trouble trying to get a straight answer from them to far smaller details i would explode if i had to talk to them about this.

Cheers

They cannot 'factory unlock'. No such thing for an iPhone. They can only Jailbreak. And that will open your phone to the whole planet of malware....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Piliger wrote: »
    They cannot 'factory unlock'. No such thing for an iPhone. They can only Jailbreak. And that will open your phone to the whole planet of malware....

What are you talking about? All iPhones bought direct from Apple are factory unlocked. Companies offering factory unlocking for iPhones send Apple an unlock request and charge for doing it. They usually get the unlock from Apple within 5 days and the phone is unlocked by Apple when it's plugged into iTunes. There hasn't been a jailbreak unlock available for iPhones since the 4.

Jesus that sounds awful, Have you direct experience of this?
    I've bought quite a few unlocks for iPhones and have never been offered any software that involves jailbreaking, I simply get a message saying connect my phone to iTunes and it will unlock, which it has done without fail each time.
    Perhaps your slightly mixed up?

Duff wrote: »
    What are you talking about? All iPhones bought direct from Apple are factory unlocked. Companies offering factory unlocking for iPhones send Apple an unlock request and charge for doing it. They usually get the unlock from Apple within 5 days and the phone is unlocked by Apple when it's plugged into iTunes. There hasn't been a jailbreak unlock available for iPhones since the 4.

WTF ? He is not talking about those kinds of phones ... he asked "who are the best companies to do factory unlocks for iphone5?" That is a wholly different thing !

And why would anyone ask a separate company to get a legit unlock code from apple when they can do so in a few minutes through their provider or iTunes ?

Lot of confusion here.

• Advertisement

54kroc wrote: »
    Jesus that sounds awful, Have you direct experience of this?
    There are three ways of getting a factory unlocked iPhone. a) buy it from Apple. b) get your provider to request an unlock from Apple after you have used enough credit. c) request it though itunes.

When you bring it to an unlocking store they say they will unlock it but they will actually jailbreak it.

WTF ? He is not talking about those kinds of phones ... he asked "who are the best companies to do factory unlocks for iphone5?" That is a wholly different thing !

And why would anyone ask a separate company to get a legit unlock code from apple when they can do so in a few minutes through their provider or iTunes ?

Lot of confusion here.

Is he asking for a company to unlock his iPhone 5? Yes.

Did you say you cannot 'factory unlock' and iPhone? Yes.

I said you can 'factory unlock' iPhones and how the companies that offer it do it. Network providers on the most part will want you to see out your contract or top up by a certain amount of credit before they will give you the unlock code.

There are three ways of getting a factory unlocked iPhone. a) buy it from Apple. b) get your provider to request an unlock from Apple after you have used enough credit. c) request it though itunes.

When you bring it to an unlocking store they say they will unlock it but they will actually jailbreak it.

There is no possible way to get an unlock for an iPhone 5 through jailbreaking it. There is no jailbreak unlock available on iOS 6 or 7. You can jailbreak it no problem but it will still be locked. The unlock companies just need your phones IMEI number and they send it off to Apple, you don't need to physically give them the phone so there is no way they can jailbreak it.

You need to do some goggling, you don't know what your on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

You haven't a clue what you're talking about so please stop stating your info as facts. There is loads of places online or in shops to get iPhones unlocked through iTunes, as was already said you can't use a jailbreak to unlock any iPhone since the iPhone 4 was released almost 4 years ago and even then if it was update past 4.0 there is little to no chance of using ultrasn0w.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Lot of confusion here.

The confusion seems to be all at your side. TBH, you seem to be a couple of years behind the times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

No they don't, Jailbreaking has not been used for unlocking iphones since the iphone 4(ios4 early basebands). All the reputable unlocking companies request the unlock from Apple and you restore the phone in iTunes. Some of the less legit companies provide unlock sims which are a waste of time.
    And I've never had any malware on any of my ios devices and all them are jailbroken and always have been.

Sorry I was away for few days guys, thanks for all the info, ya just wanted to know were there any company's that one would advice to go to but it seems as long as they are doing it with the imei number it's all good, cheers.

Advertisement