Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has the best range of laptops at keen prices

Options
  • 05-02-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a laptop for travel purposes. Spec is below. Where is the best place to view as many as possible. Price range ~ €400. I only use it for MS Office, browsing, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, photographs and playing music (via AUX on hi-hi system). I will only access the internet via wi-fi.
    Screen - 11"
    OS - Windows 8.1
    Storage - 500Gb
    RAM - 4Gb (min)
    Wi-Fi - 802.11n
    Screen - Anti-Glare
    Ports - USB, Ethernet, RGB

I prefer to put hands on something like this before I buy it. Tried PC World/Currys but range at that price is poor.
    T
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a laptop for travel purposes. Spec is below. Where is the best place to view as many as possible. Price range ~ €400. I only use it for MS Office, browsing, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, photographs and playing music (via AUX on hi-hi system). I will only access the internet via wi-fi.
    Screen - 11"
    OS - Windows 8.1
    Storage - 500Gb
    RAM - 4Gb (min)
    Wi-Fi - 802.11n
    Screen - Anti-Glare
    Ports - USB, Ethernet, RGB

I prefer to put hands on something like this before I buy it. Tried PC World/Currys but range at that price is poor.
    T

I know you want hands on but this has most of what you want.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo-S210-Touch-59383979_1403344.html

Maybe check one out in B+M to see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭pinkfloydian

Thanks for the reply and the link Nudger.

I should have added that I'm looking for a 4th. generation processor. I wouldn't touch a Celeron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Don't think you'll get 4th gen for €400.

If you go up screen size might be easier, 3rd gen.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/LENOVO-U410-59399417_1492693.html.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

RAM - 4Gb (min)

Why do you need 4GB Ram?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭pinkfloydian

In a word - Multitasking.

I use Outlook a lot and it is a hogger of RAM

Also, from the research and advice I've gotten from some of the tech sites EVERYBODY says NOT to buy a laptop with <4Gb

• Advertisement
Advertisement