Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Cookery Course for experienced cook

Options
  • 05-02-2014 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭

Hi. My other half has a big birthday coming up and I was thinking of surprising her with a weekend away/overnight cookery school booking.

I found this link for cookery schools: http://goodfoodireland.ie/cookery-schools

Cloughjordan Cookery School looks interesting. I had in my mind that Neven Maguire's would be good but the overnight/2 day course is steep at nearly 500 euro.

Has anyone any recommendations? We're living in Dublin and could do it together, if it included a night away somewhere nice it would be great.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

Tannery Cookery School with Paul Flynn?

http://www.tannery.ie/cookery-school.html

You could stay in the Tannery Townhouse and have a meal in the Tannery Restaurant while you are at it.

The townhouse is lovely and Dungarvan is a good town for food and drink!

You could also try Merry's Gastro Pub, Interlude Cafe, Conor Foran is the Chef in Lawlor's Hotel and he's very good, Jitterbeans for snacks/sandwiches.
    It's also close to White Horses Seafood Restaurant in Ardmore, The Cliff House Hotel in Ardmore (Michelin Star), Richmond House in Cappoquin and Eunice Power's Powersfielf House B&B.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Thanks a lot for this post, I will have a look at your suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Zell

I can't comment on the cookery school as I haven't experienced it but I was very disappointed with the townhouse and restaurant on a stay there in December. Check Tripadvisor for other comments. As you are looking for a cookery course for an experienced cook I would make more enquiries before booking the Tannery. I did a cookery course in Dunbrody a few years ago and it was very good - not Kevin Dundon himself, another chef who works there. I still use the recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Sorry to tag along on the thread - any particular recommendations for seafood cookery courses?
    I see the Tannery has one on in July, but I've plans already for that weekend.
    I was very impressed with Sunday lunch yesterday in the Tannery - absolutely superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pixie321

I know this thread is for more generic cooking courses but I was hoping someone could send me in the right direction. It is my mothers birthday coming up this month and as usual it coincides with mothers day. That has got us thinking of grouping together and getting her one large present between us all and we really want to get her an ice cream making course. She is by no means a beginner when it comes to cooking and baking but she has recently taken to making ice cream and currently has her kitchen covered in random cook books containing recipes and toying with different methods. We were hoping this would lead her in the right direction and give her some guidance. As I mentioned before it will be between a few of us and is double as a present for both occasions so cost isnt as much an issue. Just wondering if anyone could recommend something that would be suitable? It does not matter if it is half day or weekend or evenings but she works quite long hours durng the week so a week long course is not an option. Thank You :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement