Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

front tyre

• 05-02-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

i've been given a full bridgestone wet front for my CCM supermoto, am awful tempted to stick it on and see what its like, trouble is its got not for highway use stamped in large letters on it.....:p aside from the insurance side i wonder whats the worst that could happen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

The men will come during the night and break your legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The back wheel will be jealous....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

It'll take from the "Race Use" only stamp on the exhaust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

should have known better than to expect a sane answer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

I figure theyre race use only as they either take an age to heat up (prob not the case for wets), and/or the thread is very soft, and prob only good for a couple of hundred k, if even

insurance, you prob guess already, but dunno what the cops would do tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Full race wets heat up quicker than a normal road tyre to give instant grip in wet conditions. It would surprise you how much grip you would have in the wet. However, due to the fact that it would wear rather quickly due to the quick warm up time and the fact that you could never use it in the dry (it would overheat and come apart) there's not really much point.

Advertisement