Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipe cot bunks

• 05-02-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone by any chance have two pipe cot bunks they want to get rid of or know anyone who might have? The plywood "bunks" in my boat are either rotted or already pulled out and dont really want or need glassed in bunks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

They would be handy enough to make if nobody comes up with any.

e0035ecf6a14eb9b8196c71b0d883cc5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

neris, are you looking for proper offshore cots or marina cots like the one above?

If you want offshore then you'll really need them custom made. I have some sources for the frames but not the hammock bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I can see a few Laser masts disappearing! The hammock (with lee-boards) could be run up by any of the local sailmakers, or by a guy who fixes soft-top car roofs.
    Offshore I made my crew sleep on the cabin sole or quarter berths, keeps the centre of gravity lower when on the wind.:P:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

Not looking for offshores just looking for alternatives to refitting two new wooden bunks/shelves for sale. Just somthing to keep the sails out of the bilges. Its only a small tonner so be no sleeping on it.

Lots of lasers in the dinghy pen and way the weather is they mighnt notice them missing till next week. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭Vexorg

If its just for sails maybe something like this if they can be modified to the correct length and with two hanging points at each end?. Less likely to collect mould/mildew due to the open mesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭Silver Breeze

neris wrote: »
    Anyone by any chance have two pipe cot bunks they want to get rid of or know anyone who might have? The plywood "bunks" in my boat are either rotted or already pulled out and dont really want or need glassed in bunks.

I have two aluminium tube framed pipe cots from a Jeanneau On Design 35 available, for free, perfect condition. The boat was heavily modified for single handed offshore racing and the pipe cots were removed and stored in my attic since 2008. PM me for details.

Advertisement