Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken\Damaged Fence

Options
  • 05-02-2014 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Has anyone any idea if the onus is on the home owner or Management Company to maintain a damaged back garden fence, we are in Charlesland Court and from what I can see our neighbours fence which backs on to our garden has been damaged in the winds last night.

Our back garden has a high wall (over 10ft) which has a boundary fence which seems to have come loose.

Has anyone else had any experience with this or had to have theirs replaced.
    I am guessing an additional concrete post needs to go in to strengthen it.

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Unfortunately I believe it's the homeowner who will have to look after that as there's no insurance for the houses with regards to that. I'd say check with the mgmt. company all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Not in Charlesland, but we have had to replace the fence on one side about 4 years ago and the back fence about 2 weeks ago, in each case we split the cost with the respective neighbour.
    The original fences were replaced with concrete base and posts with wooden sheets, they should last a lot longer than the original wooden posts.
    We paid €225 to replace 4 panels ( including concrete base / posts, and removal of old fence and posts).

Advertisement