Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What amp to get?

• 05-02-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Pardon my rank noob status in the audio department but I'm looking for a few beginner questions. I've wanted to get into turntables for a while now so I picked up some Vestax PDX 2000 and a Technics SH-1200 mixer. Yesterday I picked up some Mission M71 passive speakers.

Not knowing what passive and active meant I didn't know I'd need an amp as well. I've spent quite a bit of money at this point so I'm looking for the bare minimum really. Hopefully I can find a suitable amp second hand on adverts. Just want to know what to keep an eye out for as there isn't a lot on there at the minute.

Speaker specs:

Power requirement: 25 to 75 watts
    Sensitivity: 88dB
    Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
    Magnetically shielded
    HxWxD (mm) / Weight: 296 x 170 x 275 / 4.5kg
    Frequency response: 65 - 20,000 Hz
    Biwireable
    Bass port: Rear ported
    Drivers: Treble: 25mm sheer micro fibre dome
    Mid/bass: 130mm bonded woven glass
    composite cone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sfbonner

I'd get a 100w amp that puts out 100w @ 8ohms, it usually says this on the back of them.

Look out for home hifi's going cheap, as some can put out these ratings too!

Advertisement