Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker File format

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

I'm surprised that this problem is only coming to light now. The boxes mentioned aren't that new.

Does anybody know which box would do what the Walker combo box does BUT also allow you to watch the recordings on a computer? Bearing in mind that the user isn't a technical expert by any means!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think it was discussed previously. But a long time ago, maybe 2yrs ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

beauf wrote: »
    I think it was discussed previously. But a long time ago, maybe 2yrs ago.

Fair enough. I'm relatively new to the "scene" and posted the problem with this box some months ago. I tried various suggestions to overcome it but no luck. Some posters remarked at the time that they were surprised that many more people with that box hadn't expressed their views. It left me wondering if it was just my own lack of knowledge. Clearly now it is a box issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've heard tuners on computers have no problem with their files. Not tried it personally.

I expect not many want to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

daphil wrote: »
    Got a Walker WP3295led recently and am quite happy with it, but it records to a USB stick in a version of the .rec file format which I can not open with VLC, Media Player Lite Streamclip etc. Does anyone know of any way to open,(and convert), these files on a pc,
    Thanks
    Daphil

Daphil

I want to buy this for my parents who will use it for Saorview and Satellite.
    Could you tell me if it is just a single button press that is required to switch between the 2 systems ? They need a very simple solution.

And could I setup the Satellite tuning from someone's Sky dish and then bring the tv it direct to my parents to plug and play into their sat feed without going through all the satellite channel tuning/ sorting etc at their house.

Thks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭khumbu

Daphil

I want to buy this for my parents who will use it for Saorview and Satellite.
    Could you tell me if it is just a single button press that is required to switch between the 2 systems ? They need a very simple solution.

And could I setup the Satellite tuning from someone's Sky dish and then bring the tv it direct to my parents to plug and play into their sat feed without going through all the satellite channel tuning/ sorting etc at their house.

Thks

Channel file for Walker TVs with built in satellite tuner available on Walker website:- http://walker.ie/site/downloadFile/158

Some channels may need to be re-tuned if frequency has changed recently. It would be better starting point than blind scan...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Just had a quick look at a Walker TV.

Recorded a couple of mins of TV3 ... and four files were saved to the USB stick .....

2014102712103101.ts
    2014102712103101B.ADF
    2014102712103101B.INF
    RECS.INF

It would not record RTE1 or RTE2 telling me there was not sufficient space on the 4GB USB stick.

I tried pausing/timeshift but the file/s disappeared when I shut the TV off.
    mediainfo  2014102714103101.ts 

General
    Complete name                            : 2014102714103101.ts
    File size                                : 3.96 MiB

The .ts is apparently NOT a standard .ts file.

EDIT:

I should have added that the TV refuses to record from the HDMI input.

This is not a TV I would buy if I wanted to record something for later viewing on a different device.
    Apparently all Walker products (from reports) are similar in this respect, as well as other Vestel products.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

khumbu wrote: »
    Channel file for Walker TVs with built in satellite tuner available on Walker website:- http://walker.ie/site/downloadFile/158

Some channels may need to be re-tuned if frequency has changed recently. It would be better starting point than blind scan...

Thanks for that. I presume I copy to a USB and just insert it - anything else to do ?

Advertisement