Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky broadband in Tramore?

Options
  • 05-02-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I've had enough of Eircom, my broadband has been crap for ages and they are lying about the real faults. Does anyone have Sky broadband in Tramore and can they confirm are their speeds suffering like eircoms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Dont know about Sky but I keep telling people on here to go with Total Wireless, they were recommened to me a couple of years ago and we never have any problems, we watch Netflix most nights, and I work from home part time so I need decent internet speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Sounds good. What kind of speed do you normally get? Any issues lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Sky is on the same wires as Eircom is it not? Waiting for 2 things; e-fibre roll-out by eircom, which is supposed to be March sometime and for my contract with sky to expire, which will be around the same time. So hopefully then eircom will have some deals for returning customers.
    In the mean-time I've to put up with this:
    3284603161.png

Tested at 15.33pm. Will be lucky if it's half that this evening at peak hours.
    Slower than 69% of ie. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

That's better than my Eircom Mugser. Since Christmas lucky to get 2 Mbps, up until then had a reliable 18 Mbps, Eircom have gone to the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

I don't think I ever had more than 8, even before I switched to Sky when I supposedly had uncongested BB from eircom. Still very poor. After seeing a thread or 2 on the subject here throughout the day I've done 3 or 4 speed-tests and that's the fastest one I got. Was just a snitch over 1 around 10am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Sky broadband is via the phones lines , has nothing to do with sky tv. Therefore be it eircom , Vodafone , sky or UTV they all broken speed in tramore at present

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Sky broadband is via the phones lines , has nothing to do with sky tv. Therefore be it eircom , Vodafone , sky or UTV they all broken speed in tramore at present

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Speed has never been lower than 7mb and you don't need a landline.

This is the website http://totalwireless.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Geratron

Hi. Were in Donegal and moved from Eircom to Sky in October last year. Eircom was poor but Sky is 10 times worse. As soon as our contract is up we will be returning to Eircom.

That's not an endorsement for Eircom it's just the best of a bad bunch.

Advertisement