Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting room Spiddal/ Inverin

Options
  • 05-02-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi!
    I am doing some research in the Spiddal/ Inverin area and need a small space to have a somewhat informal meeting with people from the area.
    The meeting will be in English, which might rule out some buildings. I have sent an email to the library in Spiddal and am waiting to hear back (I would call, but I think they are closed til this eve) The pub I was hoping to use wont be open in time.
    Any other places you can suggest? The meeting will be max 14 people. Naturally the budget for a meeting space is teeny!
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Hi!
    I am doing some research in the Spiddal/ Inverin area and need a small space to have a somewhat informal meeting with people from the area.
    The meeting will be in English, which might rule out some buildings. I have sent an email to the library in Spiddal and am waiting to hear back (I would call, but I think they are closed til this eve) The pub I was hoping to use wont be open in time.
    Any other places you can suggest? The meeting will be max 14 people. Naturally the budget for a meeting space is teeny!
    Thanks in advance!

GAA hall in Spiddal? Or Cumann Mícheál Breathnach? Tigh Chualáin also have a back room, and Tigh Hughes.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

You could try the Seanscoil Sailearna in Inverin:
    http://auditoria.artscouncil.ie/VenueDisp.asp?Venue_ID=2946

But if you're trying to arrange at short notice, one of the pubs/hotels in Spiddal might be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 galwaygirl1986

Thanks for your help. I was hoping to host the meeting early next month. Im never sure if meetings in English are allowed in these buildings (Ive been turned down twice so far) I will try these, and perhaps a few B&Bs. Thanks!

Advertisement