Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW In the Spotlight #16: Dare 2 Defy

• 05-02-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭

This week you all have Dare 2 Defy to grill with your questions!

Rules:
    1. Questions should be Pro Wrestling related although some leeway is allowed e.g. TV and Film interests (Stuff we all talk about in the Off-Topic Thread)
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to.
    3. Moderator has final decision on what questions are appropriate or deemed too personal or unrelated.
    4. No discussion of poster's answers in the thread (follow up questions are ok)
    5. Only the poster should be answering the questions.

First Questions
    What got you into Pro Wrestling in the first place?
    What keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the PW forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What other big interest do you have outside of Pro Wrestling?
    What wrestler/story/moment do you feel had the greatest impact on you as a fan?
    Where did your username come from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Whos your fav wrestler?

What made you a fan of Pro WQrestling?

WCW or WWF?

If vince Mc called you to be a superstar what would your gimmick be and who would you feud against first?

What is your favourite finisher ?

What WWE star do you think doesn't deserve the push they're getting and who do you think has a poor gimmick?

Who that has left WWE would you like to see back ?

Who from another promotion that you're aware of would you like to see in WWE?

Who's your favourite Simpson?

Gimmick you hated at first but it really grew on you?

Best repackaging of a WWE Superstar?

Best gig you ever went to?

Favourite football team?

Favourite ever sitcom/comedy?

You can invite one wrestling personality for dinner, who do you choose and why?

Top 3 entrance themes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Right, let's do this
    First Questions

What got you into Pro Wrestling in the first place?

Just was channel flicking some Saturday morning when I was young and came across SmackDown on Sky1 and got hooked on it. Just the presentation alone was enough to hook me.

What keeps you interested in it?

I really don't know, it's just gotten into a routine form me now that I'd check what happened on Raw/SD and any PPV I don't get to see. It's like something that when you get hooked to it, it'll stay with you.

How did you come across the PW forum on Boards?

I saw a link to a thread on boards (think it was the draft) from some other website. Liked what I saw, signed up and I've been here pretty much since

What keeps you coming back to the forum?

I'm doing a course in college so I don't get to see as much wrestling as I'd like to so the forum generally keeps me informed of what's going on. That and the Draft and the PW Diva's thread are on here as well

What other big interest do you have outside of Pro Wrestling?

I'm into a lot of American Sports (NHL, NBA, NFL) but I'm really into basketball. I'm a gamer as well (level 10 on trophies on PlayStation)

What wrestler/story/moment do you feel had the greatest impact on you
    as a fan?

Tough one but I'd say Eddie Guerrero's death. I didn't know he had died so when I went to watch Raw on Thursday night, I was shocked. Still get a bit emotional watching that show back now, especially the tribute with the Johnny Cash song:(

Where did your username come from?

I have no idea where it came from tbh. I just put together some random words and it's just stuck.

and some more
    Whos your fav wrestler?

It's a toss up between Chris Jericho and CM Punk. Y2J was my favourite growing up but I love watching Punk's matches. Both are awesome at delivering promos as well.

What made you a fan of Pro Wrestling?

Just the general presentation of it and the fact I got into it during the Attitude era. The theme music that'd be stuck in your head for days, the iconic stage and pyro, oh and Rock and Stone Cold every week.

WCW or WWF?

WWF. I remember the Friday night wars (WCW on TNT and Raw on Sky Sports) but I'd always watch WWF given the choice.

If vince Mc called you to be a superstar what would your gimmick be and who would you feud against first?

Tough one, I'd probably go along the CM Punk, not give a sh*t what anyone thinks of me guy. I'd definitely suit the heel role better. First feud? I'd probably go against Rey Mysterio

What is your favourite finisher ?

SWEET........CHIN.......MUSIC!!!

What WWE star do you think doesn't deserve the push they're getting and who do you think has a poor gimmick?

Poor gimmick: Wade "Bad News" Barrett - He should be in the main event picture by now tbh.

Doesn't deserve the push: I'd probably say Bray Wyatt. The character is awesome, in ring not so

Who that has left WWE would you like to see back ?

Honestly, I'd go with M.V.P. He had an awesome gimmick but was left to flourish in the mid-card. I seriously think that given a push, he'd be a star

Who from another promotion that you're aware of would you like to see in WWE?

There's dozens but I'd really like to see Prince Devitt in WWE

Who's your favourite Simpson?

Ralph, without a doubt

Gimmick you hated at first but it really grew on you?

Matt Hardy Version 1.0. I'm an MF'er!

Best repackaging of a WWE Superstar?

Best gig you ever went to?

A Live and Gigging night from college. Pretty good music for the whole night and a great atmosphere.

Favourite football team?

Can't choose between Liverpool and Cork City

Favourite ever sitcom/comedy?

Friends

You can invite one wrestling personality for dinner, who do you choose and why?

Jim Ross, he'd have a ton of stories to tell

Top 3 entrance themes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Your ultimate karaoke song and/or song you burst into when drunk?

Any superstar from WWE or TNA currently you would repackage and push and why?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Fight Club: If you could fight anyone who would you fight?

If you could live anywhere, where would you live?

any opinions on the draft rosters? BWA in particular

Favourite Diva atm / of all time?

favourite non PW board on boards?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Your ultimate karaoke song and/or song you burst into when drunk?

Never drank but I'm prone to singing a bit of Lionel Richie on a night out. All Night Long or Dancing on the Ceiling being the personal favorites

Any superstar from WWE or TNA currently you would repackage and push and why?

Wade Barrett. He has the look, the skill set and the mic work and should be kicking ass in the main event picture.

Fight Club: If you could fight anyone who would you fight?

Nani, just have a hatred towards him

If you could live anywhere, where would you live?

Unlimited money - Dubai; Everything else - New York.

any opinions on the draft rosters? BWA in particular

A ton of varied rosters this year and there's a ton I'm keeping an eye on. On BWA, it's up there with your strongest rosters that you've done. Nice variety in it and a ton of potential

Favourite Diva atm / of all time?

I'd probably have to say Melina

favourite non PW board on boards?

I'm on the Basketball forum a lot, I'd also check out the Soccer forum as well

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Don't have to answer them all if you don't want to....

1. Which wrestlers have you met in person and any interesting stories to tell?
    2. Three favourite bands of all time?
    3. Which countries have you been to?
    4. Which country has the sexiest women?
    5. How many wrestling shows have you been to, and list as many as you can remember.
    6. nWo or DX?
    7. Favourite xmas song?
    8. Favourite place to go in Dublin?
    9. Home and Away or Neighbours?
    10. Any piercings and/or tattoos? Or future plans here?
    11. Do you lift weights or do any sports?
    12. Ever had wrestling training?
    13. Favourite actor?
    14. Favourite actress?
    15. Hottest Diva/Knockout ever?
    16. What soccer team do you support?
    17. Best day/weekend of your life?
    18. Favourite ever sitcom/comedy?
    19. You can invite one wrestling personality for dinner, who do you choose and why?
    20. Top 3 entrance themes?
    21. If you were a pro wrestler, and you have a few hours spare one evening, would you be most likely spotted doing a) visiting sick kids in hospital, b) out looking for women, c) hit the gym for weights and training, or d) spending quality time at home all day with friends and family.
    22. Favourite Tarantino movie?
    23. Austin or Goldberg?
    24. Cats or dogs?
    25. Favourite city in the world?
    26. Favourite 2013 made film?
    27. Favourite xmas movie?
    28. Favourite soccer stadium and/or sports arena?
    29. Prediction to win the World Cup next year?
    30. Favourite wrestling book?

gonna split them in 2 so this is part 1
    1. Which wrestlers have you met in person and any interesting stories to tell?

Never met a wrestler in person, missed out on meeting Mick Foley by a few mins though

2. Three favourite bands of all time?

I Fight Dragons, Bee Gees and Blink 182

3. Which countries have you been to?

Spain, England, France and Italy

4. Which country has the sexiest women?

I'll play it safe, Ireland

5. How many wrestling shows have you been to, and list as many as you can remember.

Unfortunately none (yet)

6. nWo or DX?

DX

7. Favourite xmas song?

8. Favourite place to go in Dublin?

Haven't been to Dublin in ages so I'll just say Croke Park

9. Home and Away or Neighbours?

Home and Away

10. Any piercings and/or tattoos? Or future plans here?

None but would like to get a tattoo someday

11. Do you lift weights or do any sports?

I used to play rugby when I was young but lost interested

12. Ever had wrestling training?

Nope

13. Favourite actor?

Stallone

14. Favourite actress?

Oh, tough 1. Probably Cameron Diaz

15. Hottest Diva/Knockout ever?

Hottest? Definetly Maryse

Advertisement