Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom congestion issues

• 05-02-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I have been getting terrible broadband speeds for a while now and was told yesterday by Eircom tech support this was due to congestion, despite my package being "uncongested broadband". I have had enough of dealing with this shocking company but to leave my contract early they said they will impose a penalty. What are my rights here seeing as in my eyes they have breached contract by not delivering the package I signed up for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

You'll probably find that they guarantee 'up to' xMB of broadband, so if you're on 10MB, as long as they deliver anywhere between 1 and 10, they're covered. I know, it's a joke innit!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Yeah I figured they would be covered by that but I was thinking that since the package is labelled "uncongested broadband" and I've been told by them that my speed is no crap because of congestion I might have something there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Start running speedtests at regular intervals and saving the results. Bombard them with these reports and demand that the service be improved. Keep logging fault tickets, etc. After a period of that, you can start asking for refunds/credits or pushing for breach of contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

No Pants wrote: »
    Start running speedtests at regular intervals and saving the results. Bombard them with these reports and demand that the service be improved. Keep logging fault tickets, etc. After a period of that, you can start asking for refunds/credits or pushing for breach of contract.

Or you could do some basic troubleshooting first before blasting Eircom.
    Have you your router and all devices connected to phone line correctly filtered?
    What are your line stats for noise and SNR and what speed does your line sync at?
    Have these changed recently?
    Have you changed your router DNS settings to Google's ones for example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

ongarite wrote: »
    Or you could do some basic troubleshooting first before blasting Eircom.
    Have you your router and all devices connected to phone line correctly filtered?
    What are your line stats for noise and SNR and what speed does your line sync at?
    Have these changed recently?
    Have you changed your router DNS settings to Google's ones for example?
    Surely Eircom would have done this already, you have called them OP, yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

I've called them so many times, dealt with numerous tech support people and the local technician. Told by them that there is a congestion issue affecting the whole area, and there is nothing they can do. Judging by the threads over on the Eircom forum this seems to be occurring all over the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

robocode wrote: »
    I've called them so many times, dealt with numerous tech support people and the local technician. Told by them that there is a congestion issue affecting the whole area, and there is nothing they can do. Judging by the threads over on the Eircom forum this seems to be occurring all over the country.

I feel your pain :rolleyes:. My broadband is so slow at times that when I try to run a speed test, I cant even open the page. I'm with Vodafone but the line belongs to Eircom, so I don't think it will make any difference who your supplier is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭El Kabong!

I noticed this happening to me, once they started to roll out eFibre.
    I'm being upgrade to that in 2 weeks so fingers crossed the issue will be resolved.

Advertisement