Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glute traning ,

• 05-02-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,860 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    The other half has turned intop a bit of a gym rat lately and she's loving it but she reckons she is having trouble seeing any changes in her glute area, So i was just wondering if the below routine she does it good or not so good and should she change it or just stick with it and be patiant

SQUATS ,
    8REPS X 5 SETS 40 KG

LEG PRESS
    10 REPS X 5 SETS 67 KG

LEG EXSTENISON,
    10 REPS X 4 SETS

STRAIGHT LEG DEAD LIFTS
    10 REPS X 3SETS

DEAD LIFTS
    10 REPS X 3SET

WEIGHTED DONKEY KICKS
    12 REPS X 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kaloma

Dat ass :-)
    Lunges, more squats, less leg press and leg extension. Squats and lunges every second day.
    40kg squats are light you could get her to brace better by doing medicine ball slams in her warm up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You could try good mornings also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

You could try good mornings also.

I find good mornings are much more a hamstring exercise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

SPLIT SQUAT EVERYTHING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Hanley wrote: »
    SPLIT SQUAT EVERYTHING

Bulgarian split squats are awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I find good mornings are much more a hamstring exercise.

good article on them here - http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/good-mornings-understanding-a-great-exercise/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JamesRussel

6 replies and no mention of glute bridges or hip thrusts?

If squat and deadlift variations arent growing her glutes then one of the above are the next option. Although, theres no reason why full ROM squats (below parallel minimum) shouldnt build the glutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

The barbell hip thrust is hands down (for me), the single most effective exercise I do in the gym, if I want to focus on my glutes.

Don't get me wrong, I do squats, deadlifts, lunges too but I try to incorporate barbell hip thrusts if I want to single out my glutes ...and get a good ould 'ass burn' going on...(not the type you get from having a hot curry!!).

I started out with simple body weight glute bridges and worked my way up to barbell hip thrusts. I'm now at 40KG, not a lot and I know there are plenty of women out there blazing their way through the weight plates with their thrusts - but its where I'm at now. 1 x 20 Reps, 1 x 12 Rep, 1 x 8 Reps and hold for as long as I can.
    I literally have to jump up off the ground as the burn in my ass is something else. (sorry that sounds wrong, but its the truth!)

They're certainly worth trying anyway if your gf isn't getting what she needs out of the normal exercises such as squats, lunges etc.

Check out this article -
    http://www.athleticsweekly.com/coaching/strength-training-barbell-hip-thrust/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Your girlfriend asked you nothing. Next time you're in the gym with her you'll be all like "Heeeeyyy baaabe I read this article about split squats and how great they are and also I love you xxx ooo"

Advertisement