Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Forum Prefixes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Just an FYI I can barely see "LEVEL 1 Weather Alert - Be Aware". I use the default theme and the yellow is next to impossible to see against the white background. I have to highlight the text to read it. The green is more suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Just an FYI I can barely see "LEVEL 1 Weather Alert - Be Aware". I use the default theme and the yellow is next to impossible to see against the white background. I have to highlight the text to read it. The green is more suitable.

Agreed. It is very hard to see.
    Level 1 is intended to correspond with Met Eireann's 'Yellow Alert' and we'd like to use their colour coded warnings
    Any suggestions on how/if that might be possible?

Different shade of yellow perhaps? Or how about a background text color of white?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Different coloured fonts for thread titles is not possible I'm afraid.

However the colour of the prefixes can be changed. Had a chat with Declan on what colours to use. What do you think about these? By using the Boards blue as the background, you can make the yellow more readable. But we'd also have the set the background for the other two warning levels.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

They look perfect now ,

We will have some happy weather watchers ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Different coloured fonts for thread titles is not possible I'm afraid.

However the colour of the prefixes can be changed. Had a chat with Declan on what colours to use. What do you think about these? By using the Boards blue as the background, you can make the yellow more readable. But we'd also have the set the background for the other two warning levels.

That looks pretty good - will it be possible to change the prefix text as well as mentioned in the OP? We want to mirror Met Eireanns warning levels if possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Cool.

Wording of the prefix and the colours have been changed now.

Lemme know if you need anything else.

Yep, that looks great.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement