Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband problem still not resolved after 1 month

Options
  • 05-02-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

my broadband has been intermittent since dec 31st. Everytime i call you're tech support Im getting the same old excuses ... a crew has been assigned . How can a company like Eircom provide a service that is so bad. What can it be that it is not fixed after 1 whole month, I work from home a rely on having a good connection to work. Please just look into this and give us an honest answer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Foxxer1980 wrote: »
    my broadband has been intermittent since dec 31st. Everytime i call you're tech support Im getting the same old excuses ... a crew has been assigned . How can a company like Eircom provide a service that is so bad. What can it be that it is not fixed after 1 whole month, I work from home a rely on having a good connection to work. Please just look into this and give us an honest answer?
    Hi Foxxer1980

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing in having this resolved, please PM me your account details including details of the issue in hand and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

They do this with everyone and think we are all fools. They know exactly what the issue is but costs money to fix which they don't like doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Foxxer1980

Still being ignored by Eircom, I suppose i was stupid to expect anything more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Foxxer1980

I can see that the case reference number 12093702 is still open and investigations by technicians are still ongoing. I wish I could offer you more news on this however I am offering as much information available to me.

I can totally understand this is frustrating and I apologise for this and any other inconvenience this has caused. As soon as I have further updates I will let you know.

Thanks

Al[/font]

Hi Foxxer1980

I can see that the case reference number 12093702 is still open and investigations by technicians are still ongoing. I wish I could offer you more news on this however I am offering as much information available to me.

I can totally understand this is frustrating and I apologise for this and any other inconvenience this has caused. As soon as I have further updates I will let you know.

Thanks

Al
    In fairness Alan I have been told that since dec31st. If its still ongoing could you please tell me why someone cannot be assigned to it and stick with it until they fix it. Is it normal practice for an Eircom engineer to investigate a fault then just walk away from it when he is unable to fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Foxxer1980

Thanks

Al
    In fairness Alan I have been told that since dec31st. If its still ongoing could you please tell me why someone cannot be assigned to it and stick with it until they fix it. Is it normal practice for an Eircom engineer to investigate a fault then just walk away from it when he is unable to fix it?
    Hi Foxxer1980
    it certainly would not be normal. In this case the technician was unable to resolve the problem on his own, however he has feed back information a a ticket has been opened to enable a tech crew to resolve issue.
    We do understand that the delays in resolving these issues is frustrating. In your own case ( and area) I am afraid the huge number of weather related faults has created delays ( in some exceptional cases) going back to end of December. We do post info on this here
    I have asked for any priority possible to be used in your own case due to length of time down.
    Our sincere apologies that I cannot offer a fixed resolve time now.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Hi Foxxer1980
    it certainly would not be normal. In this case the technician was unable to resolve the problem on his own, however he has feed back information a a ticket has been opened to enable a tech crew to resolve issue.
    We do understand that the delays in resolving these issues is frustrating. In your own case ( and area) I am afraid the huge number of weather related faults has created delays ( in some exceptional cases) going back to end of December. We do post info on this here
    I have asked for any priority possible to be used in your own case due to length of time down.
    Our sincere apologies that I cannot offer a fixed resolve time now.
    Tony

A month is not normally the case! It's usually a year! Still havnt fixed users BB in Tramore which is scandalous and continue to lie about uncongested broadband

Hi Foxxer1980

Thanks

Al
    Hi Foxxer1980
    I tried to phone you on number within case ref supplied above but was unable. I can advise that a second network card has been made available and work continues. This issue should be resolved very shortly possibly today or tomorrow..
    Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for you're response, Could I please ask you to explain this to me in somewhat less technical terms as I have no idea what a network card is or how this will impact on my current fault?
    Foxxer

Hi Tony

Thanks for you're response, Could I please ask you to explain this to me in somewhat less technical terms as I have no idea what a network card is or how this will impact on my current fault?
    Foxxer
    Yes, sorry.
    Exchange technicians replaced one network card within your local exchange. This did not correct issue so a second card was requested. This second card is currently with technicians and is to be installed at your exchange soon. This should eliminate the intermittent drops.
    Does this answer your question Foxxer1980?
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement