Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woman and dog nearly swept away In tramore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Linky no worky for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

OMG the sea is so strong, I'd say they got some fright all the same.

Saw it on facebook but the link is not working !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Stupid I agree, but I have to say I'm a little annoyed that both the video and thread title say "woman and dog...", eh does nobody else see the other person? He was up on the flippin' ledge and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Terrifying video, imagine there had been small children there, they could easily have been washed out to sea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

After all the advice from media about staying the fcuk away from the coastline during the current bad spell, whether it be walkers or happy snappers with cameras, people still choose to ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

With all due respect to the woman involved she was never going to be swept out to sea!!! She was running away from the water across the road towards the Reef/Mo's cafe. I would say that she might have been hurt by the force of the water knocking her over or into something.

In any event, I hope she was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

In this case yes, but if she had tripped over the other side of the little wall beside the footpath onto the beach, or if there was a small child who could not outrun the wave as easily, the backwash of all that water could easily have swept her out to sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

She got knocked to her knees by a wave.

She was hardly in danger of being washed out to sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

She was running like her life depended on it. Hope she learned her lesson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I think this Lady is getting a raw deal, she was walking in a safe manner when a freak wave caught her no drama or otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Terrifying video, imagine there had been small children there, they could easily have been washed out to sea.

Christ, will people ever PLEASE stop saying this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Has anyone noticed that the BBC are using this clip on their 'this year's horrendous weather' series!

Edit - not BBC, Channel4 or thereabouts!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ORVEE

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

looksee wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the BBC are using this clip on their 'this year's horrendous weather' series!

Edit - not BBC, Channel4 or thereabouts!

Sky used the clip in their Storm Britain special :/

Advertisement