Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money refunded on amazon order that arrived today

• 05-02-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hey everyone. I ordered a DVD on amazon from a seller that had great feedback on 27th of December 2013. The order confirmation email said the DVD would be here between the 5th and 14th of January 2014. However it was not here within that time so I filed a claim with the seller on the 18th of January and the seller was very pleasant and gave me a tracking number they received upon shipping the DVD. I tried using the tracking number but the order was not showing up anywhere. I waited a few more days and on the 31st of January I emailed the seller again explaining this and my money was refunded. However today, the 5th of February, my DVD came and I am not sure what to do now? I signed for the package so it will show that the DVD was received after my money was refunded but I do not feel right about keeping the refunded money since my DVD arrived. Should I email the seller and use paypal to give the money back or will I have to email amazon and explain this to them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Contact the seller!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Email the seller, explain goods have been received after you got your refund, ask them how they'd like you to proceed.
    Always put the ball in the other fella's court :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Contacted the seller and he just replied saying sorry for how long it took and told me there's no need to pay him. What a nice guy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

pay him the money,its fraud not to

pay him the money,its fraud not to

Not if he said there's no need to, :rolleyes:

It would be more like theft than fraud BTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,290 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not if he said there's no need to, :rolleyes:

It would be more like theft than fraud BTW.
    Dont feed the trolls as they say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,290 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Contacted the seller and he just replied saying sorry for how long it took and told me there's no need to pay him. What a nice guy!
    There's some decent people left in this world after all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Just don't delete the emails, store them safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Something like that happened me, Ordered some Beads to make some arts and crafts and I contacted the seller as the wrong colour, Seller put a 2 new bags in the post.

Then checked the website on the colour and turned out the was the right one, Seller said it was ok and was understandable and said not to worry about it.

Amazon = Nice guys

I find Amazon sellers are excellent. Likewise I ordered some fishing flies which arrived promptly. Turns out the picture on the site was wrong and I had gone by the picture rather than the description - my fault. I contacted the seller who explained I got what was described not pictured but would send on the type pictured at no cost and to keep and enjoy the first delivery. This is only one example of a few brilliant examples I personally have of the sellers using Amazon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement