Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self catering apartment in Cork City Centre - any recommendations??

Options
  • 05-02-2014 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

hi all,

Hoping to head to Cork for a few nights at end of March, and I'm looking for some recommendations for a self catering apartment in city centre.

I've stayed at Isaacs apartments on McCurtain Street before and location wise & price wise, hard to beat but actual decor wasn't hectic. So I'm looking for somewhere as central (won't have a car with me).

Anywhere?? The Clarion hotel has apartments but only for long term lets it seems which is a shame. The Montenotte hotel apartments are too far away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

boogaloop wrote: »
    hi all,

Hoping to head to Cork for a few nights at end of March, and I'm looking for some recommendations for a self catering apartment in city centre.

I've stayed at Isaacs apartments on McCurtain Street before and location wise & price wise, hard to beat but actual decor wasn't hectic. So I'm looking for somewhere as central (won't have a car with me).

Anywhere?? The Clarion hotel has apartments but only for long term lets it seems which is a shame. The Montenotte hotel apartments are too far away.

Hi there boogaloop,

I've moved your thread from our Travel forum over into the Cork City forum where it would be better suited as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

thanks Kerry4sam.

Anyone got any ideas? I've also looked up air bandb but not really much in Cork city centre which is a little surprising.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Just for one person? I know Garnish House on Western Road has a self-catering house, but it's designed for groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

garnish house also have a town house across the road from the b&b with full access to kitchen, sitting room and wifi, they just give you an individual room, I stayed there a few weeks ago, really nice!

Thanks, will check it out. There will hopefully be 4 of us.
    Anyone who can give a review on stay Cork apartments?
    Compared to Galway or Dublin, it seems Cork isn't really at the races on airbandb. Unless I'm just going at the wrong time!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

its all been flooded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Stayed here before and they were grand http://www.collegeview.ie/
    You probably need to get a taxi to the centre though if you are planning on going out.

Any reviews on the Indigo Aparthotel on Washington Street? Good location but some quirks according to reviews on tripadvisor.

Advertisement