Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes update

• 05-02-2014 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Tried to install latest iTunes update, but got an error message re. MSVCR80.dll missing, and now I can't open iTunes at all? How can I rectify this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Delete it and reinstall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, you can use a program called App Zapper which deletes all files associated with a program and then you can do a fresh reinstall.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭td1

thanks for these replies but as it's been a while since I backed up,and I don't think all my stuff is backed up, will I not lose my library by doing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, you would have to re-add your music to the iTunes library. How much music do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Same thing happened me, I went to the Control Panel and uninstalled all Apple related programs and then re-downloaded iTunes and all was good, all music etc still there and in working order! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The library will be ok. It's in documents and called iTunes.xml

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I found the link below helpful - simply reinstalling did not work for me:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/msvcr80-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

Lots about this in the Apple support forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

There is a good program called CCleaner which is free to download from here it has a registry clean up tool and also a uninstall open for problem uninstalls, might be worth a try.

Advertisement