Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.00 Beta Test (Premium Version) - DOWNLOAD FREE

• 05-02-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I was going to post this in Bargains, but it's not really a 'bargain' as i'm not sure if the Link it temporary with the licence key, or whether the program is 'temporary' (Shareware).

Anyway, I downloaded it earlier, haven't had a chance to run it yet.
    One of the best programs out there for removing crápware, and used by most. Mentioned quite a lot in this forum, so it should get a lot of use from here.

Just download and install as normal with trial or not, and when the program has started, choose "Activate" on the top right hand side of the Program, then enter the proivided User ID and Activation Key.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=141268

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 ships with a completely redesigned user interface to make the product easier to use, more informative, and provide quicker access to key functionality.We have built in and improved our Anti-Rootkit and Chameleon self-protection technologies that have been in beta for the past year. Additionally, we've rewritten Malicious Website Blocking and improved native x64 support. Most importantly, our detection and removal engine was significantly improved under the hood and kicks even more malware butt! This is the biggest rewrite we have ever undertaken, and we hope you’re thrilled with the result.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭emo72

downloaded. thanks, i need a good malware checker, cos something is slowing down my pc. and explorer launches on bootup which is driving me nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

emo72 wrote: »
    downloaded. thanks, i need a good malware checker, cos something is slowing down my pc. and explorer launches on bootup which is driving me nuts.

It's good, but it automatically has parental/government/media owner control built in.

Notifications did my head in, and I turned them off, but before that, I realised I wasn't able to visit a load of sites. Some pretty normal ones, and some/most torrent sites.

I excluded them from being blocked, with notifications turned on, then turned off notifications again.

It did find a load of malware that previously hadn't been detected by anything else (including MBAM free) on a few PC's.

But I'm not really into software deciding which sites to block for me. If I have decided to block sites, and they have a category list (like OpenDNS), I may agree, but not as a default.

I'll use it for scanning mostly, exiting the program between scans, as it seems to use quite a lot of resources, running in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭irishgeo

malwarebytes is going with a subscription model when version 2 launches so now its time to pick up lifetime licences .

here is a link where i got mine.

https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/purl-arrrlp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Cheers Allyall, two laptops and two desktops done.

Advertisement