Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another whv question

Options
  • 05-02-2014 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So I was in oz on a first year visa in 2012 and done around 78 days regional work..I applied for my 2nd year visa (paper application as I have a 4 yr old) and sent away all the documents 2 weeks ago.I know I was a few days short but plenty of people have got a 2nd year with no regional work,

Today i got a phonecall from visa first to say I have been invited to provide further evidence of my regional work,preferably a bank statement but if not then some payslips,group certs etc.

My question is do I have a hope of getting a visa or am I wasting my time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,337 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DCarson wrote: »
    So I was in oz on a first year visa in 2012 and done around 78 days regional work..I applied for my 2nd year visa (paper application as I have a 4 yr old) and sent away all the documents 2 weeks ago.I know I was a few days short but plenty of people have got a 2nd year with no regional work,

Today i got a phonecall from visa first to say I have been invited to provide further evidence of my regional work,preferably a bank statement but if not then some payslips,group certs etc.

My question is do I have a hope of getting a visa or am I wasting my time?
    On the form where it asks how many days of regional work did you do, what did you ask.

Also, I'm sure you are aware the 4 year old can't come with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DCarson

I wrote down more than 88,I had counted the week off in a 4 in 1 fifo roster,I thought I was allowed at the time but now I'm almost certain I shouldn't have,will they be that strict and say I should've done another 10 days actual work?..

I'd think my chances are slim/none tbh but just wanted a second opinion

I am aware she can't come with my by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

What sort of FIFO work is it? When I applied for my 2WHV I was working 2&2 roster and my 2 weeks off still counted as the hours you work while working FIFO are much longer. I'd worked 3 shifts and had started my 4th shift so had only been on site about 50 days and the rest were RnR days and it was accepted.

It might be more beneficial to you as you were doing a longer roster than I was on too. AFAIK your RnR days do count towards the 88 day quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DCarson

Really?..that's good news,I was working on building a new camp for miners in the pilbara,we done 12 hours most days and up to 16 some days..I think we had one R&R day in the whole time I was up there!..so maybe they will accept my week off.fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 39,337 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Weeks off in a FIFO roster count towards the 88 days.
    The same way week send count in a normal 9-5, mon-fri roster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement