Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother and Baby group Dublin 11

Options
  • 05-02-2014 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Anyone know of any mother and baby groups in the Dublin 11 area? I'm on my own for 12 hours a day and about to crack up :-D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Pebbles81

There's a Claphandies group that meets at 10.45 in Swords on Thursdays, not on this week but new term starts week after.

Like yourself I spend a lot of the day on my own with my 16 month old and little outings like this are a godsend to us as they break up the week for me.
    Look up the website for other times and venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Thanks Pebbles81 unfortunately I don't drive and getting to swords would require getting 2 buses with a 6 month old!!

Thanks Pebbles81 unfortunately I don't drive and getting to swords would require getting 2 buses with a 6 month old!!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Toddler Groups
    http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/libraries/kids_library/pages/activities_events.aspx#language

Toddlers in Ballymun Library

Toddler Playtime every Tuesday from 11.00am - 12.00pm.
    Tel. 8421890

Cabra Library

The Toddler Group meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 10.30am - 12.00pm.
    Tel. 8691414

Central Library, Ilac Centre

Toddler Group for children aged 2-3 meets every Thursday at 10am.
    Parents/carers and toddlers welcome for storytelling, songs, fun and educational toys. Booking essential Tel. 8734333

Coolock Library

Happy Hour Toddler Group every Monday and Thursday from 10.15am - 11.30am. Storytelling on Mondays only.
    Tel. 8477781

Dolphin's Barn Library

The Toddler Group meets every Tuesday from 10.30am - 12.00pm.
    Tel. 4540681

Finglas Library

The Toddler Group meets every Thursday at 11.00am. New members welcome.
    Tel. 8344906

Marino Library

Every Thursday, 11.00am - 12.00pm Phone Library for booking - Tel. 01 8336297

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Pebbles81

Ah that's a pity. Would glasnevin work better for you? There's one if them there too!
    Yeah I find getting one bus stressful so two would be hard on you.

I don't drive either, never realised what a disadvantage it was untill I had my little girl...we live out in the countryside so can feel very isolated. I make sure to get out at least once per week if not twice because like you I felt I was going to crack up. It doesn't do me or baby any if I'm in bad form.

• Advertisement

Thanks rubberdungeon I actually saw this online earlier but didn't know if my 6month old would be lost at a toddlers group?

Pebbles81 wrote: »
    Ah that's a pity. Would glasnevin work better for you? There's one if them there too!

I don't drive either, never realised what a disadvantage it was untill I had my little girl...we live out in the countryside so can feel vary isolated. I make sure to get out at least once per week if not twice because like you I felt I was going to crack up. It doesn't do me or baby any if I'm in bad form.

Yep I could walk to glasnevin I'll google it now!
    I try to get out every day even for a walk around block but with weather lately cabin fever had set in.

I went to the local breastfeeding group before Christmas and no one made an effort to talk to me. Its like they all already knew each other and I was just in the way.I'm very shy and it took a lot to go there and talk to strangers so I never went back.I actually left feeling worse than before I went. I'm starting to feel very isolated now so I have to do something. Maybe I'll start hanging around the labour and try to make some unemployed friends ;-)

Pebbles81 wrote: »

I don't drive either, never realised what a disadvantage it was untill I had my little girl...we live out in the countryside so can feel vary isolated. I make sure to get out at least once per week if not twice because like you I felt I was going to crack up. It doesn't do me or baby any if I'm in bad form.

Yep I could walk to glasnevin I'll google it now!
    I try to get out every day even for a walk around block but with weather lately cabin fever had set in.

I went to the local breastfeeding group before Christmas and no one made an effort to talk to me. Its like they all already knew each other and I was just in the way.I'm very shy and it took a lot to go there and talk to strangers so I never went back.I actually left feeling worse than before I went. I'm starting to feel very isolated now so I have to do something. Maybe I'll start hanging around the labour and try to make some unemployed friends ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Cuidiu have groups around the city. my wife goes to the cabra group.

http://www.cuidiu-ict.ie/branches_list

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

In Our Lady of Victories church on the ballymun rd, Tuesday mornings there is a mammy and baby group :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

I would also be looking for a baby/toddler group in dublin 11 and I also don't drive!! Maybe we need to set up our own :):) My son is 15months old.

Toddler Groups
    http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/libraries/kids_library/pages/activities_events.aspx#language

Toddlers in Ballymun Library

Toddler Playtime every Tuesday from 11.00am - 12.00pm.
    Tel. 8421890

Cabra Library

The Toddler Group meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 10.30am - 12.00pm.
    Tel. 8691414

Central Library, Ilac Centre

Toddler Group for children aged 2-3 meets every Thursday at 10am.
    Parents/carers and toddlers welcome for storytelling, songs, fun and educational toys. Booking essential Tel. 8734333

Coolock Library

Happy Hour Toddler Group every Monday and Thursday from 10.15am - 11.30am. Storytelling on Mondays only.
    Tel. 8477781

Dolphin's Barn Library

The Toddler Group meets every Tuesday from 10.30am - 12.00pm.
    Tel. 4540681

Finglas Library

The Toddler Group meets every Thursday at 11.00am. New members welcome.
    Tel. 8344906

Marino Library

Every Thursday, 11.00am - 12.00pm Phone Library for booking - Tel. 01 8336297

just seen this! thanks for the info! Think i'll go to the finglas one on thur!

Did you go today sleepytrees? What did you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

There is also a toddler group on a Tuesday at 10:00 am and 11:30am in the Baptist Church on Jamestown road. Nothing religious, just a room that's given to the toddler group.

There is another toddler group on Fridays from 10:30 am in a pre-fab on the grounds on Saint Kevins boys school on Barry Ave, Finglas West

These groups run on a give what you can basis which pays for toys and use the room etc.

Thanks googled eyes I'm right beside Kevins and I didn't know about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The one in Kevins is a small enough one. Its in that "Hub" that's at the back/side. You have to go in the main gate and walk around.

The one on Tuesday in the Baptist place does be very busy but I've been told that the later one at 11:30? is a lot quieter

No, i didn't make it because me and the little man have colds and sore throats and I didn't want to pass it on! Fingers crossed we make it next week! are you going to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BlossomRose

Hi girls, just found this thread and wondering if you found a group. I am also a non driver in the Finglas area and would love to get out more with my baby.

Advertisement