Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Probably shouldn't have accepted credit note

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Found this on Argos UK site
    • Most things we sell are covered by our 30-day money-back guarantee, so just return them to us unused, in their original undamaged packaging, in a saleable condition, with your receipt and we’ll give you a refund.
    • If you don't have your receipt, as long as you have a proof of purchase we'll exchange the item or give you a refund with vouchers.
    I couldnt find such detailed info on Argos.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

• Most things we sell are covered by our 30-day money-back guarantee, so just return them to us unused, in their original undamaged packaging, in a saleable condition, with your receipt and we’ll give you a refund.
    • If you don't have your receipt, as long as you have a proof of purchase we'll exchange the item or give you a refund with vouchers.
    That's their policy on change-of-mind returns. They cannot apply restrictions like that to faulty goods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

That applies to certain items where there is a change of mind on the consumer's behalf subject to the condition in the sentence above it. It has no relevance where the consumer is returning a defective item because you have statutory rights which trump the 30 day money back guarantee.
    It's there: click "Free returns" on the bottom of the homepage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Slick50 wrote: »
    Yes, fair enough. But, insisting this was the only way they could provide the refund, because the OP didn't have the same credit card, is questionable. That may be company policy, but I doubt it has any legal standing, it's the same as offering a credit note. They basically deceived the OP, leaving him/her with the impression he/she had no choice but to accept their offer.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the OP was deceived just that was the easiest option as it could be processed there and then and the OP seemed happy enough with that. The OP, of course, could have stood his/her ground and pushed for a monetary refund but that may have to be done by HQ and may take substantially longer. But, yeah, it would have been better had he/she been given that option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

slimjimmc wrote: »
    I wouldn't go so far as to say the OP was deceived just that was the easiest option as it could be processed there and then and the OP seemed happy enough with that. The OP, of course, could have stood his/her ground and pushed for a monetary refund but that may have to be done by HQ and may take substantially longer. But, yeah, it would have been better had he/she been given that option.
    That's it in a nutshell. And OP knows it, as is evidenced in the thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

slimjimmc wrote: »
    I wouldn't go so far as to say the OP was deceived just that was the easiest option as it could be processed there and then and the OP seemed happy enough with that.
    At the risk of coming across as pedantic, the OP stated...
    We were lucky enough to be served by a nice guy, however he said he had to put the funds onto an argos gift card because my bank card number had changed and he would have only been able to refund back onto the card I bought it on. We accepted as he said it was valid for three years, and we just relieved to be getting a refund.
    the 'nice guy', was telling 'porkies', which is deception. But I'm sure you're right, it was the most expedient solution.

Advertisement