Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Li-Po Batteries

• 05-02-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I recently bought an Ares Tavor and with it a 7.4v Li-Po battery. even more recently that battery has become unusable.

this is my question. Is it safe to put an 11.1v Li-Po in without damaging the gun or should i get another 7.4v?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Hi guys,

I recently bought an Ares Tavor and with it a 7.4v Li-Po battery. even more recently that battery has become unusable.

this is my question. Is it safe to put an 11.1v Li-Po in without damaging the gun or should i get another 7.4v?

Thanks in advance.

Personally I would never run an 11.1v battery unless I upgraded the balls out of my gearbox, honestly 7.4v lipos are the better choice. A battery is like any bit of kit, maintain it well and it will last. Get a good charger with a Lipo don't be tempted by buyin a cheap one, never leave it drop below 3V, always inspect it for damage prior to use. I have had the same 3 lipos now 2-1/2 years and still perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

To add to what SD has said; if your idea of fire-selector options is "safe" and "auto", I really wouldn't go with 11.1v unless dropping an outrageous amount of cash on upgrading the gearbox. And even then, the only thing it'll help you do is run out of ammo faster. Generally speaking, people use 11.1v batteries for faster trigger response in semi-auto. Extended full-auto with an 11.1v will munch your gearbox like you've just handed it to the cookie-monster and told him there's cookies inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jdosull101093

Cheers Guys. that's good to know

Advertisement